Chapter 17

Khaleyah

"Marcus no, Me and your Father worked way too hard to get this house that we're in now, I'm not gonna just let it go" My Mom Fussed coming into the front door with Marcus trailing behind her.

They were having one of their Many arguments about Marcus buying her a house.

I continued to sit on the couch flipping through a magazine that had came in the mail today. I glanced down at my wrist for the time on my watch. It read 10:30 AM.

"Ma, I'm not saying you have to let this house go, you could just rent it out, all you've done for me at least let me buy my Mama a house" Marcus spoke as he followed her into the kitchen.

"I wanna get you out this neighborhood"

"Marcus, I'm fine, no one in this neighborhood ever bothered me."

He sighed loudly in frustration. "Ugh... Mama, This neighborhood is getting worse and worse and ion want nothing to happen to my Mama and God Forbid but if anything does happen to you in this neighborhood , Mama I swear Imma be in jail and I'm Pretty sure you wouldn't  wanna see me go to jail."

She chuckled sharply . "Marcus, stop.. Look baby, I appreciate you trying to do this for me but I'm fine where Iam baby boy"

He stayed silent for a moment.

"Okay Ma" He finally spoke low giving in.

But I knew this wasn't the end of it, He's been trying for forever to get her a new place but there's a few reason why she won't let him.

One; He's trying to buy her a house with 'Dope Money' and she doesn't approve and Two; My Mother and Father worked their BUTTS OFF To buy this home, they started out at just renting it but after years of saving, they finally bought it from the Land Lord, it was their first home that they ever bought and they were very proud of it.

Honestly Another reason why My Mom couldn't leave this home, it was too many memories and happy moments shared with my father in this home. She said it always make her feel like he's still here... The Memories in this house is was keeps him alive. I'm not the only one that doesn't wanna let him go.

It wasn't like this house was small or damaged. It was a decent size and kept up to date I guess Marcus just wants to get Mom out of this neighborhood.

I looked up from the magazine to see him walking into the living room. I quietly giggled at how annoyed and frustrated he looked.

My eyes fell back down to my magazine "I don't know why you keep trying Bro.." I said as he sat on the couch.

"Mama stubborn as hell man" He said low making sure that she couldn't hear him.

I looked up at him and raised an eyebrow "And you're not?"

He laughed. "Shut up."

"Never"

He fell quiet as he stared at the floor. As I was reading through my magazine I could see him look up at me.

"So you and Lucas.."

My heart sped up as I began to get hot. "What about Me and Lucas?" I asked my brows furrowed and my eyes never leaving the magazine.

"How you feel?"

I finally looked up at him. "Where are you trying to go with this?" I asked as my eyes narrowed at him.

He shrugged as a sneaky smirk spread across his face. "I mean... I heard y'all kissed the other night, Lil Millah snitched on y'all " He chuckled.