「3rd period」: investigation time

I R O H A I N U K A I
犬飼 彩葉
student no. 29

season 2 episode 2

              "Th-That's all for today... See you...tomorrow..." The octopus muttered sadly, before leaving the classroom.

'Somehow this getting stupider than I thought.'

              As the day passed, it seemed like our target of a teacher just got framed as an underwear stealing pervert. It didn't take long for the class to take it out on him either. His erotic deeds, pointed everything out on him after all.

Then again, nobody would be so stupid as to show the evidence of a crime that obviously.

Karma chuckled, "We really put him through the ringer today, huh?~ Guess he couldn't stand the heat".

'This redhead was obviously the type of guy who liked taking a hit out of people.

Well, he had a point. Being accused of something you didn't do would just bring you to the edge and lure you out—

I get it.'

"But did he really do it? I mean, it's a serious crime" Nagisa stood up while everybody's eyes were on Karma.

The redhead chuckled, "Compared to blowing up the earth, it's downright adorable".

"Yeah well---" Nagisa agreed only to be cut off.

"But if I were a Mach-20 underwear thief, I wouldn't leave such shoddy evidence behind" Karma continued, throwing a basketball that was wrapped in a bra towards the blue-haired boy.

"That's true" I ended up mumbling quietly, which only Karma seemed to notice.

"It's a ball from the equipment shed" he stated. "He'd have to know that if he did this, he'd be dead to us as a teacher. For that teaching-mad monster, I think losing our trust with this nonsense is right up there with getting assassinated in terms of things he wants to avoid".

The redhead had a point. In fact, he most likely has the same idea as I did.

But if that octopus didn't that trust his class enough to know that we would doubt the fact that he's the culprit when it comes to it, then he's more vulnerable than I thought.

"Yeah... I have to agree" Nagisa stated as the green-haired girl beside him took her stand.

"But then...who?"

"An imposter" Fuwa answered.

Kayano's attention seemed to have been caught by the girl behind her, "Fuwa-san?".