Chapter 5

As Finley stormed through the halls of the ship, attempting to make it back to the room she woke up in, the girl accidentally ran into someone.

"Sorry." She mumbled.

"Miss Greyhelm?" A familiar polite voice asked, and she looked up to see the bearded Jedi who was always with Anakin.

"Oh, hello. Obi-wan, is it?" Finley replied, to which the man nodded.

"Indeed. What are you doing wandering these halls?" Obi-wan asked.

"I was trying to make my way back to the room I woke up in after I was kidnapped." Finley explained, bitterly. The man visibly grimaced.

"I'm truly sorry about that. Anakin tends to act out of impulse, and when you were no longer conscious thanks to him, we couldn't just leave you there." Obi-wan explained.

"Well, thanks for not leaving me to the sand people, I guess." Finley replied, with a sigh.

"I can understand why you may feel uncomfortable meeting the Jedi Council, but I promise, no harm will come to you." Obi-wan assured.

"That's what Anakin said. But Obi-wan, you've never seen the extent of my so-called powers." Finley began to explain, causing the bearded man to furrow his eyebrows.

"What do you mean, m'lady?" Obi-wan questioned, curiously.

"I mean, that I haven't used my powers in years. Every time I do, usually by accident, there's always an...incident. I can barely control them when they are active, so I've devoted a lot of time and practise to keeping them inactive. You said the Council wants to see the extent of my powers, but I'm afraid that if I were to demonstrate, there would be another incident." Finley spoke quietly, only allowing Obi-wan to hear her words.

"If I may ask, what exactly do you mean by incident?" The bearded Jedi asked, and rubbed his chin thoughtfully.

"Destruction, damage, and chaos." Finley stated.

"Interesting." Obi-wan replied, and motioned for the girl to follow him down the hall they were standing in. "However, I think I may have a solution."

"And that is?" Finley wondered, doubtfully.

"I understand that your powers are uncontrollable and dangerous, but Anakin and I specialize in the art of dealing with the uncontrollable and dangerous. I believe that we could help you learn how to control your powers, while they are active." Obi-wan explained, as they walked further down the hallway.

"Are you sure about that? You could get hurt." Finley tried to protest, but was cut off.

"There is no reason to fret, Finley. I can assure you, Anakin and I will handle this." The man stated, at the same time as they both came to the end of the hall and entered a cafeteria.

"Why don't you go sit with Anakin, Finley? I'm sure you must be starving. I have some business to attend to, but I am certain that we will meet again later." Obi-wan spoke, and nodded his head towards Anakin, who was seated with a bunch of other men, and one female togruta.

Finley felt like Obi-wan had communicated with Anakin telepathically or something, because the scarred Jedi immediately looked over at her as Obi-wan walked away. She wasn't sure about all of the mind tricks Jedi could pull, but the girl could sense that it wasn't just a coincidence. It was only when Anakin waved at her to come to his table, that made Finley snap out of her thinking trance.

"Good evening, Miss Greyhelm." Captain Rex greeted, after Finley had taken a seat in front of Anakin.

"And you, Captain Rex." The red-headed girl nodded with a smile.

"So you're really the girl who slapped Anakin in the face?" The female togruta spoke up, with a sly smile.

"That's me." Finley replied humorously, causing the togruta's smile to widen.

"I'm Ahsoka Tano, Anakin Skywalker's padawan. I think you and I are going to get along just fine." The girl introduced herself, and shook hands with Finley.

"Nice to meet you, Ahsoka Tano. I'm-" Finley began to introduce herself.

"-Finley Greyhelm. People are always talking about you." Ahsoka cut Finley off, not unkindly.

"So I've heard." Finley replied, and looked away from Ahsoka to glance at Anakin, who seemed angry.

"What's got you all riled up, Sky Guy?" Ahsoka questioned, also taking notice of his foul mood.

"Not funny, Snips." Anakin rolled his eyes, before sliding a plate of food towards Finley. His apparent anger seemed to deflate.

"Eat up, Greyhelm." The boy instructed. Finley raised her eyebrows at the nickname.

"I don't respond to annoying nicknames." The girl crossed her arms.

"You just did." Anakin pointed out, with a smirk. In response, Finley looked away from the boy and pretended to ignore him.

"Hey! Don't give me that, I told you to eat!" Anakin complained, causing Ahsoka to laugh.

"I'd consider eating if you didn't call me by my last name!" Finley looked back at the boy with annoyance.

"Do you have something against your last name?!" Anakin exclaimed, and flailed his arms in expression.

"No, but I have a first name for a reason!" The red-haired girl argued defiantly.

"Fine! Eat your food, Finley!" Anakin instructed once again.

"Okay." The girl agreed easily, before jabbing her fork into a vegetable.

Finley's easy acceptance of the food once she was called by her first name, caused Anakin to raise his hands in defeat.

"This one, is a handful." The boy thought about the red-haired girl.