s*t*a*r*s 3 - pt 28

Start from the beginning

s*t*a*r*s

            The music pulses, beats, and shakes the floor of the gymnasium.  Tegan is dancing rather seductively against Kyle her hips sway and press into him.  Sydney and Danny are off in a corner, chatting and stealing subtle touches.  His hand taps to the beat of the music and her foot does the same. 

            “Did you notice,” begins Rylee talking to Spencer and Abby.  “That those two seems to be, well, getting very hot and heavy with those boys?”

            Spencer growls, so sexily that it sends hot shivers of wanton desire shooting up Rylee’s spine. 

            “Spencer, you so need to stop doing that to her, I can even tell when it turns her on,” laughs Abby.  “I’m going to go see if I can find someone to take my frustrations out on.”

            Rylee rubs the back of her neck and swallows away her desire.

            “I’m sorry,” says Spencer.  She leans in closer to Rylee.  Wanting, no, needing to touch her and that need grows inside of her.

            “Huh?”

            “I said I’m sorry!” says Spencer again, but more loudly.  “I don’t mean to, you know, get you worked up.”

            “I just want to rip your clothes off, or drag you out onto the dance floor and show you off.  But, I can’t because of your leg…”

            “I can dance, this leg that your mom got me works fine, it won’t fall off,” says Spencer.  “Do you want too? Dance?  The whole school knows we, well, like each other and that we are together.  That’ we’re dating.”

            Rylee sank back into her seat.  Spencer says this in such a matter-a-fact way that it shoves Rylee back.  People know?  How can people know?  They don’t hold hands.  They don’t kiss.  They do sit next to each other all the time, but then again, they all sit together.  “Wait a minute, you want to out us?”

            “What?” asks Spencer leaning closer to Rylee.  “Can you explain what you just said to me?”

            “Out as in come out of the closet?” asks Rylee.  Her hands start to shiver and her stomach back flips, her heart pounding so hard she can feel the pulse in her temples.

            “I wasn’t aware we were in the closet,” says Spencer.  “Look, I don’t care who knows we like each other. I love you and I don’t care who….”

            Rylee pushes away from the table.  The chair rocks lightly but Rylee reaches out and catches it with her left hand. 

            They have never says I love you, to each other, but it is implied.  It is inferred, and Rylee hopes that Spencer loves her, but hearing it makes it real.  Rylee stands up and rushes out of the gym, leaving Spencer to wonder what the heck is going on.

s*t*a*r*s

            Tegan leaves the cute soccer player to the far side of the dance floor and makes her way towards their table.  One of the older Topaz girls stops her and gives her a hug.  Tegan smiles and spins away from her, right into Matt’s arms.  She instantly feels the heat of his loose embrace.  She edges away from him and turns her eyes downwards.