Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I seriously admired this woman. Who could be so happy to look after two kids that weren't even related to her? She turned around and headed towards the dining table with two plates. She placed the plate down in front of me and waited a couple of seconds before she gave Becky hers as she had to ujput her colouring things to one side to be able place the plate in front of her.

I looked at the plate of food in front of me and saw that she had made us spaghetti bolognese. It looked really nice and couldn't stop myself from digging in.

"This is great!" I told Mrs Tom who was obviously waiting for my opinion. "Good, then I'll leave you guys too it. You know where I am if you need me."she replied. She grabbed her coat, gave me and Becky a kiss on the head. "Thank you." I said just as she had reached the door."Thank you!" Becky said also. Mrs Tom gave us a smiles and said "You are most welcome. You know where I am if you need me." she then turned around and left.

As soon as she was gone I turned to Becky and said, "Did you ask her to cook dinner for us?" She looked a little shocked with my question and replied "No. She just started making it as soon as we got back." After that she started eating her dinner again. Strange I thought. She has never done this before. This day is just getting weirder and weirder.

After Becky and I had finished eating, I made sure Becky didn't have her dinner all down her then sent her on her merry way. I cleaned the table then loaded the pots into the dishwasher and turned it on. I thought it was best to ring Sophie to make sure she was still OK for her to come round later. I picked up the phone and dialled her number then pressed the call button.I turned to look at my surrounding while the phone was ringing. I saw Becky playing with her dolls and a smile on her face. It was a shame that my mum worked constantly. She never got to see all the little unimportant things. Even if it was just silly things like watching Becky play with her dolls. It may seem like nothing but it always brought a smile to my face whenever I saw her play.

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I missed Sophie pick up the phone and say hello. "Hi!" I said to her. Her voice snapping me out of my thoughts.

"So what'sup?" she asked. I could tell that she was distracted as if she was rushing around slightly. "I was just double checking that you were still ok to come round mine later?" I said. I was still watching Becky play while I was talking. I couldn't help it. She was my life. Even if I didn't have her on my mind, I would always catch myself looking her way.

"Yeah. I've just finished getting ready and on my way now." she replied. "Okay,see you soon." I replied and hung up the phone. I started to tidy up a little while i waited as I didn't like having people over with the house even slightly messy. Plus it saved my mum doing when she got back so she could actually have the time to sit down with us. Not too long after I had the house how I liked it Sophie walked in. She never knocked any more and that's how I liked it. It is great to reach that point in friendships when they know they are always welcome and they feel totally comfortable. "Hey munchkin." she greeted Becky as she made her way to the living room. "And i guess hello to you to." She said with a fake distaste. "Ha.Ha. shut up." I replied. A smile broke out on my face.

The rest of the night went pretty fast. We sat down and talked about our day and any gossip that we had heard.

"I still can't believe how lucky you are to get tutored by Mr Williams." Sophie gushed. I rolled my eyes in response. "I wouldn't say I'm lucky. He thinks I'm stupid and need help." I chuckled, causing Sophie to laugh. Soon enough my mum walked through to door at 8pm and it was also time for Sophie to leave as her mum was outside to take her home.

My mum still felt bad about not being here tonight so she suggested we have a movie night. While Becky decided on what film to watch, i went to the kitchen and pulled out the bag of popcorn from one of the kitchen cabinets and made my way back into the living room. Becky decided on a Disney film so we all snuggled on the sofa witb a blanket and began to watch the film. I loved nights like this. I told my mum about the tutoring and she thought it was a great idea. She didn't want me to fail my exams so she was all for it. Sometime through the film me and Becky ended up falling asleep. I woke by a gentle nudging from my mum. As i adjusted my eyes to my surroundings i noticed that Becky was no longer here which meant that my mum had already carried her up to bed.
"Come on sweetheart. Off you go to bed." She said in a hushed voice in the deadly silence of the dark house. I slowly fot up amd stretched. The sofa was definitely not comfortable to sleep on at the angle i had fallen asleep in.

I got up and slowly made my way upstairs to my room. After that I made my way to get. I had along day tomorrow.