I'm sorry

"Take Silver Blood to my office! Now!" He commanded with a strong bellow

The marines jumped out of their shock and shakily led you to the Commodore's office, the Commodore leading the way with quick fast steps that the trainees couldn't keep up. When they arrived, the Commodore ordered them to leave them alone and for Tashigi to stand outside the door as he slammed it shut. Smoker then looked at your form that was standing in the middle of the room with angry and bewildered eyes. Like a wolf.

You don't think you've ever seen Smoker this mad. This confused. This—Smoker stepped closer to you until he was one foot away from you with intense eyes—emotional. You tried to ignore it.

"Do you know what you're spouting from that idiotic mouth of yours? The promise you stated that if I beat you and captured you then—."

"You did. You captured me. And now you will take me to the deepest and worst level of Impel Down. You caught me, why does it matter how?" You do know why it matters. You made that promise in hopes of him finally catching up and them having an equal and fair fight. If he defeated you successfully, then he would feel this accomplishment you know he must've wanted since they were young. You were too ahead of him since they were little. He's always been trying to catch up, trying harder when you became a pirate.

Each time they met, and you showed off your abilities—without meaning to— you saw the way he clenched his jaw and fists at knowing he's not close yet. It was during these times that you would think he would give up did you repeat their promise loudly for everyone to hear. That you would only accept him to capture you, once he beat you in a fight. And just like that, his conviction will burn through him once again. But now...

"How?" He rumbled quietly with half lidded eyes. "How?!" He yelled, you hearing the betrayed tone of his voice and looked at his expression.

"Why are you even turning yourself in to try to see Fire Fist? Why not just try to rescue him with the Whitebeard Pirates? This isn't like you. There's more to it then that. I know you."

You, for the first time, glared with heat at Smoker underneath your cap. Causing him to blink from your slitted eyes.

"I will say nothing. What I said is true." Your voice was cold, distant to even your own ears. You mustn't let him know. "And it doesn't matter. I'm just a filthy pirate and you're a loyal marine dog, like you've always said right?" This time, Smoker flinched.

'No!' Your inner self yelled at you. 'No! What are you doing?! Look at what you're doing to him! He's...he's...'

'I know.' You grimly replied. 'I know...'

There was a deafening silence. You wished that he never took you to his office, that he just a left the matter be.

But no. He has to care.

He has to show concern like the soft-hearted man he is. For you! Someone who always brought him trouble. Who couldn't land a punch against the bullies when they were younger because of fear. Who didn't know how to shut your prideful youthful mouth up. Who'd know what to tell the marine's Doctor exactly what was wrong with you when you received an injury.