Untitled ( A Dose of Sweet) Part 2

WeiZhou finally allowed himself to take a deep breath after the door closed behind him with a soft click. As he slipped off his shoes in front of the doorway, he chided himself for being so paranoid. No one had followed him, he kept telling himself. He was only a minor celebrity, it was 2 o'clock in the morning, no one knew he is was Shanghai except Shi ge and Jie jie. But as he walked slowly towards the bedroom, he kept thinking of the tingling feeling on the back of his neck that had stuck with him the entire time he was on the train. Even with no fans rushing at him, taking pictures or shooting video, he had felt as though he was being watched.

As he stood in the bedroom doorway, his heart jumped out of his chest. This was a feeling he was used to. Every time he looked at JingYu this happened, but especially when he looked at JingYu sleeping. This was one of the first things WeiZhou had fallen for all those many months ago. Waking up, staring into that peaceful, beautiful face, even if he snored sometimes, had captured WeiZhou's heart so completely that everything else was just icing. Looking now upon this beautiful man he could call his, WeiZhou let the sight of him wash away his lingering fears and concern. Yes, this was a sight that was his alone, and no one could change that.

After hurriedly showering to wash away the grime of travel, WeiZhou carefully slid into bed next to JingYu. He slowly slid an arm around JingYu's waist, trying desperately not to wake him. Just being able to be there with him, to feel JingYu next to him as he fell asleep, that was enough for WeiZhou tonight. Other things could wait until the morning. Closing his eyes, feeling the movement of JingYu's steady breathing against his body, WeiZhou drifted towards dreamland.

Or so he wished. Unfortunately, his mind would not shut off. The feeling of paranoia throughout his trip still plagued him. What if he had been followed? What if he had been recognized? What if his own personal desires led to destruction for JingYu? For himself? WeiZhou tried to stop this kind of thinking, turn his brain to something else, but nothing worked. WeiZhou almost cried when JingYu, who was still sound asleep, put his hand on top of the one that lay across his waist.

For too long WeiZhou thought of all of the bad things in life. Why did it have to be so hard just to be in love? He began wondering what life would be like if he and JingYu had been born and raised in the US? Or Europe? Or even someplace like Thailand? He thought about when he had traveled there for the fan meeting. Walking along streets lined with couple after couple, men and women, men and men, women and women, all holding hands and showing their affection while being ignored by others around them. WeiZhou let himself imagine a time and place where he and JingYu could be like that, instead of having to sneak and hide just to spend five minutes with each other.

He didn't realize that in the emotion of his imagination he had tightened his arm around JingYu. A soft grunt and groan brought WeiZhou back to the present moment.

"Zhou?" JingYu's voice was foggy with sleep.

"Sorry," WeiZhou whispered, placing a soft kiss on the back of a neck. "Go back to sleep. We have all day tomorrow."

There was another grunt and groan as JingYu rolled over and pulled WeiZhou into him.

"When did you get here?" he asked, his lips brushing against WeiZhou's forehead as he spoke.

"A little while ago. You were actually sleeping so I didn't want to wake you."

JingYu continued moving his lips against the other's forehead. "Still..." Soft kisses gathered on WeiZhou's skin, burning into him like brands.

The emotion and anxiety of earlier came boiling to the surface as JingYu held and caressed him. All of the distressing thoughts and worries bubbled out of WeiZhou in gasping breaths as he tried to hold back tears. If anything happened to JingYu, because of him, WeiZhou didn't think he would be able to live. Even though they had both gone through this type of situation many times before, they had both been wracked with worry and guilt for the other, tonight WeiZhou could not contain it for some reason.