(16) Argument

Hermione entered her room in a hurry and ran towards her roommate. "How did it go?" she questioned excitedly.

"From what I saw, it went well, but I didn't see much and I wouldn't put it past Draco to mess things up completely." Pansy replied in a bored tone.

"True, Harry probably did something crazy and ruined the plan. Why didn't you get to see much?" Hermione stepped back and sat on her bed, but didn't stay there long because what Pansy said next had her jumping up and squealing in delight.

"Because they went into Draco's dorm."

Hermione stopped her squealing and looked at Pansy in worry.

"What?" Pansy asked.

"What if Draco's roommate goes into the room?" Hermione's eyes were wide in fear but Pansy knew she was just scared that someone might stop the ship from sailing.

"Draco has the dorm to himself. There's an odd number of eighth year boys."

Hermione sighed in relief and sunk back onto her bed. Both girls were quite for a few moments before they suddenly started giggling. They were so excited that their plan was working so well. They spent the rest of the time until dinner talking and going over all the possible things the boys could be doing in Draco's dorm. In detail.

--

Hermione looked up quickly as Harry made his way through the Great Hall to join her and Ron at the Gryffindor table. She stopped following Harry with her eyes as he sat down to glance over at the Slytherin table just in time to see Draco sit down next to Pansy. Pansy looked up and met Hermione's eyes as they both tried to keep themselves from fangirling in front of the whole school.

"Harry, why did you enter the Hall at the same time as Malfoy?"

Hermione snapped her eyes to Ron and nudged him under the table, but he clearly didn't get the hint to shut up as he simply gave her a look of confusion. Hermione had to restrain herself from slapping him across the face and telling Harry he didn't have to answer, as that would be a bit suspicious.

"It was just a coincidence, I guess," Harry replied, keeping his eyes trained on his food, "I didn't even notice, actually."

"How could you not notice the smelly ferret?" Ron scrunched up his name to emphasize the nickname he had made for Draco.

"He's not that bad, Ron."

Hermione was surprised at how defensive Harry sounded and could see that Ron was too, but instead of being excited like her, Ron got angry.

"Did you two have a fight earlier?" Hermione asked knowing that Ron wouldn't get angry so easily if they hadn't been arguing earlier.

"Yes, but only because Harry was ignoring me!" Ron muttered angrily.

"I'm sure he had a good reason for doing that, Ron." Hermione placed a comforting hand on Ron's shoulder.

"I just got distracted for a moment, but it's no reason to go calling Draco names!"

"Draco? Since when is he 'Draco'?" Ron started standing up from his seat, but Hermione used the hand on his shoulder to push him back down and then gave him a look telling him not to talk so loud.

"Since the incident on the train last week." Harry replied and calmly waited for Ron to explode.

Ron's mouth fell open. "When he violently attacked you?"

"Oh it might have looked like it from the position we were in, but I can assure you that he did not attack me, not violently at least."