She Kicks Ass

So this is my first story...ever. I'm pretty nervous about it. So I decided that I would just put on a small preview...so this chapter isn't finished yet, I just put it up to see if anyone read it. Sooo moving on, I hope you enjoy...more to come soon :)

 ********************************************************************************************************

Preface

It was Adelia Anderson’s sixth birthday. She had woken up that morning with a thousand watt smile on her face. Today was her day; all her friends were coming over. She had many because of the charisma she sprayed across anyone in a five mile distance. Even adults loved her. Little Dee, always smiling.

Always making friends with the awkward new kid at school. Always ready to lend a helping hand to anyone who needed it. She was loved by everyone. You could never say no to Dee’s puppy dog chocolate eyes, or her innocent smile

. Yes, little Dee had woken up that morning, hoping for the best day ever, instead she got the worst. No, Dee didn’t know that this would be the day that changed her life forever. This day would be remembered by her for the rest of her life, stalking her in her dreams and in her waking hours. Today would make her question whether life was worth it at all…and she had just turned six.

After saying all her goodbyes to all her friends once the day had ended, Dee shut the door and run to gather up all her presents. She needed to hide it all from her big brother Josh, so she could show it to her godparents who were arriving tomorrow.

Uncle Oscar, her godfather, was one her favorite people. He was always ready with a joke and a laugh. But he and Aunt Olive live far away because of his “special” job. Dee had always been told he had a very important job, to help keep all the people safe, which made her think of him as a hero. She ran into her special room, hidden in the floorboard. Neatly tucking away all her present, she began to shuffle out of her favorite hiding spot.

She was stopped suddenly by a scream. “HIDE DEE, HIDE!”screeched mama’s voice which banging into her ear drums.  She froze in fear. She opened the trap door slightly, so only the thinnest slit of light entered the small space. Slowly she peeked out, careful not to make any sudden movements that would give her hiding spot away.

All she saw were a pair of black boots, with what appeared to be covered in tomato sauce, except tomato sauce wasn’t that red or thin. They moved through her room in a casual pace, like the person in them had no care for time. The melody of the footsteps copied the beat of her pounding heart. Finally, the footsteps left her room, apparently giving up the search of what they were looking for.

 This was all so confusing to Dee; she didn’t know what to do. She had finally decided to get out of her hiding spot when her mother screamed again. This time it wasn’t to call out, it was a scream of pure terror.  Dee was horrified, she huddled up and put her hands over ears, blocking out the noise. She held her hands there until she heard nothing.

Salty tears streamed down her face, they just wouldn’t stop. She was so scared, but she knew she had to go check on her mother. I hope mama is okay, she kept repeating to herself, she will be okay. She took small baby steps toward the door and opened it. All she could hear were the creaking of the summer crickets outside and the beating of her own heart.

Thug, thug thug. Cautiously she started down the stairs. Inch by inch she drew closer to the living room, where she had heard her mother’s screams coming from. A metallic smell hit her nose, what was that? It smelt disgusting, it had actually made her gag. Wrinkling her nose, she stepped into the living room and stopped dead in her tracks.

Three bodies sat on the coach facing towards her. She knew who they were. There sat mama, papa and her big brother. Smiles were etched into their faces. Red drifting from their lips like the rose petal in spring from mama’s garden.

The same red poured down from their throats, soaking their clothes. She could no longer see papa’s bright white shirt or mama’s favorite peace dress.   Their hands were bound together; it looked like they were holding on to each other for dear life.

Dee saw nothing except for the three people in her life she loved the most. Those smiles were literally carved into their faced. Dee stepped towards the coach and climbed on, crying while she did this. She sat on mama’s lap and she held on for dear life, just like they were doing to each other.