Destiny and Fate

When we arrived at the Dal, I stepped up to the bar. "Trick I have a question. Do you have something that you wouldn't mind having explode?" He gave me a strange look and then something dawned over him.

"You gained your power?"

"I gained it after James died." Kenzi and Bo came over to me and the rest of the gang.

"Who's James?" I looked down at the bar top when Kenzi spoke.

"Kenz, you shouldn't have asked." Bo admonished.

"Bo, its fine, really. James Carver was my husband. He died back in the Fae wars." Bo gave me a sad look. "I was married to him for almost 200 years. Dyson served under him and that is how we met."

"He sounds like a wonderful man." I smiled and nodded.

"When he died, I received my power when he passed."

"Your power?" Bo asked. "But you are a witch? Doesn't that already come with powers?"

"Every Wicca has a set of powers that are just a given, and you have seen those from me so far. But each of us is given a specific power that melds with us and makes us stronger. We only receive our power after we reach our true self and are able to see our inner truth."

I turned back to Trick and smiled at him. "So about that thing you don't mind if it is blown up?" Kenzi smiled at me then Trick.

"You picked the right day to ask. I have a marble block in my lair that could use some work." I perked up at that. We went down to his home, after Kenzi grabbed Hale, and he pointed out the block of white stone. "There is something in the middle of it. So if you could please leave that intact? It would save me quite a bit of time."

I held out my hands and the block exploded. Everyone around me hit the deck, but I slowed down the shards that were flying. I made them freeze in midair. Everyone stood up and looked around. "Damn, that is cool." Kenzi reached out and took one of the shards from midair and played with it.

"Did you all think I was going to let the shards hit you?" I dropped my hands and the shards hit the floor. "Wow, no trust." I looked back to the middle of the room and saw sitting where the marble was a jewelry box. "So is that what you needed?" I asked Trick.

"It is, there is a legend that this box holds a necklace from a great witch. She was said to be the Andrea Giallo." I gasped and whipped back to the box. I walked forward and touched the case. I felt a small shock but I picked it up and turned back to the group.

"You mean to tell me that this belonged to the Andrea Giallo? She was the greatest witch that ever lived." Trick was staring at me. "What?" I opened the box and inside was a necklace that had a charm in the shaped of a black conical hat.

"The legend is that only a descendent of the great witch can touch the charm." I gingerly touched the hat charm and after another small shock I was able to hold it. "You must be a descendent." I couldn't believe that I was a descendent of the Andrea Giallo.

"Do you think now that you touched it the curse is gone?" Dyson asked. I smirked at him.

"Wanna give it a shot macho man?" I took the necklace out of the box and held it out to him. He hesitated and I raised an eyebrow at him. He reached out and touched the necklace and I turned around while I lifted my hair so he could put it on me. It was just the right length. "What do you think?" Dyson looked at me and smiled.

"It fits you." I turned to Trick and saw his smile.

"Oh sorry Trick, this is yours, I should take it off." I reached to do so but Trick held up his hand.