A Typical Teen Christian 5

I walk into Tracy's house. I was actually a nice house. It was huge, it had all this nice furniture as if those home designers came and took over. It was a very welcoming place, with such warm inviting colors. The home was even in a rich, good neighborhood. All I could think was wow, God has blessed Tracy family.

"This was my grandmother's house... She left it for us," Tracy said.

I kind of understood from how she said it, her grandmother isn't with them anymore. It's kind of sad but I guess it was all part of God's plan. Tracy smiled, at least she is happy.

"Come on! Let me show you around," Tracy cheered.

Just as I walked through the hall, the door smashed me against the wall. I was startled, and Tracy seemed to have left me in the hall. Great now I was lost in this huge house.

I turned to look for Tracy and met eyes with a total hottie. Yes, he was so attractive. He looked my age, 15. He had green eyes, Brown surfer hair, Tan, muscular.. Goodness what I'd do to impress him, nothing. I am only to impress God, and he loves me the way I am so I don't need to put on an act for anyone. I think I should introduce myself at least though.

"Hi I'm Jesselin, a friend of Tracy's ," I smiled.

"Uh.. I'm Mathew, Tracy's brother," Mathew mumbled.

Mathew was Tracy's brother. He must be the atheist. He was hot, but I was focused on other things, like helping him.

"Mathew means, Gift of the Lord," I apparently said out loud in my train of thought.

"Whatever," Mathew said as if he didn't care.

I had to ask, "What grade are you in?"

"I'm a sophomore so tenth, why?" Mathew answered.

"Oh I was just wondering because I am to, I never see you at our school." I blurted.

"I see you, you don't see me," Mathew said.

"Wow, I'll have to look out for you then. I guess I'm going to go find Tracy.

"Ok, well my bad for hitting you with the door," Mathew apologized.

I ran through like I don't know 100 hallways and still couldn't find Tracy. I was about to freak out. Right then Tracy found me. She had told me that she was showing me all her rooms and stuff but then she just noticed I wasn't behind her. I must have come just in time. Now Tracy had wanted to introduce me to her brother. I still didn't tell her that I met Mathew.

"Jesselin this is my brother Mathew, he goes to our school but he's usually in detention," Tracy said in a mocking tone.

"And Tracy this is my girlfriend Jesselin, she goes to our school but we usually hangout behind it," Mathew defended himself like haha-your-not-funny- shut up-and- go-on-somewhere-tone.

"Oh you shut up, you're so annoying and she wouldn't dare hangout with you," Tracy said.

"Hey now, we don't need to fight," I laughed.

"We have met already, don't have be a pain in the ass," Mathew explained.

(A/N: Im sorry for the profanity but part of story)

I can't believe he just used profanity next to me I thought. I consider profanity just like a sin, just

because it's not a commandment doesn't mean it's a sin. Ephesians 4:29- Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.

Mathew must have seen the take-it-back look in my eyes and said, "Sorry."

I smiled. Then my phone rang, I excused myself from the two.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Oh Jesselin! Please I need your help! Where are you? Ill come pick you up. I need help oh please! I have a date with Mikey and I need advice." Liz rushed.

"I'm at Tracy's house, you want to pick me up? I'm fine with that," I told Liz.

"Okay! Be there in a few. Bye!" Liz hung up.

I came back to Mathew and Tracy. Tracy told me she had to go babysit her neighbor soon. I told her to just go ahead, that Liz was coming to pick me up for advice. So Tracy left and I was stuck with Mathew.

"What kind of advice are you giving Liz?" questioned Mathew.

"Well she going on a date with this Mikey, so girl advice," I answered.

Mathew kind of looked down, and then looked up at me again. I looked in his eyes and seen anger. I asked him what was wrong.

"I hate Mikey," Mathew growled back.

"Why," I asked.

"All because he brags about how good he is. That he has everything, girls, looks, grades. And he just thinks he is to cool for me, and his family. He is just a poser." Mathew went on.

Ah, so he must be a hater of Mikey. And haters really don't hate the person; they hate themselves because they want to be like the person. I thought about what to say.

"Mathew, it's all about the choices. You have to learn to accept yourself. Can I just ask you to pray for Mikey? I know you think you don't want to, or there is no reason but it's just a solution," I told him.

Mathew didn't say anything. Then I told Mikey that I'd visit him in detention, and talk with him, because I care. Liz honked her horn, so I better rap thing up. I smiled and just as I was about to walked out the door..

"Wait," Mathew stopped me.

I turned around and he just grabbed me. Mathew hugged me so tight and didn't let go. I embraced him, as I thought God really wanted me to let him know someone cares about him and his problems. We each let go of each other and waved our good byes. I hopped in the car with Liz.

"OOOoo, who was that?" Liz teased.

"Mathew, Tracy's brother," I smiled.

"You think he is cute, don't you?" Liz poked.

"Ya, he is, not to mention related to Mikey," I stuck my tongue out.

It's funny how I and Liz have the same taste in some guys. Like she was part of me in a way. She could sure see right through me as I could through her.

"Anyways, since we both have no money to go to the mall, we have decided to go to the park. What do I wear, or say? I know to be myself but I'm so nervous," Liz shrieked.

You could wear those jeans you have on, with that cute tank top and the thing that goes around it like a sleeveless designer jacket. And just talk about your interest; try to get to know him better. Even try figuring out his secrets, or fears. Make him laugh," I insisted.

"What do I do with my hair? Do I need to change my makeup? And what about shoes?" Liz asked.

"Leave it down, keep you makeup, and wear those sandals with the strap and beads along your top foot'" I told Liz.

Now Liz and I kept talking and laughing. She was telling me about how when we had Googled, how to smoke smarties and practically choked trying. And how everything I said made no sense, and then we both started laughing for no reason. We continued on our memories then I was in my drive way. I hugged Liz, and wished her luck on the date. She thanked me and said she isn't worried anymore.

I'm am tired, and ready for school tomorrow. I read my Bible and said to myself if I didn't read the Bible, my faith would be weak. Then I fell asleep resting for tomorrow.