14

The door opened after time had blended into a blur and his head finally became clear.

Crossbones stood rigidly, a plaster on his nose. He had raised his gun as soon the door opened, eyes narrowing. "Get up and walk."

Sensing the threat behind the words he stiffly stood up and followed as Crossbones took position behind him, jabbing him forward with the barrel of his gun.

Not reacting, besides sending a murderous look over his shoulder. If looks could kill, the man would be ten feet under the ground.

It wasn't long before they reached the door they came to before, and entered. The clomping of the man's boots behind him echoing.

Opening, the second door slid aside and let them through.

The Red Skull stood by the monitors, the news playing on the big screen, talking about the latest catastrophes and disasters.

"This," the man motioned to the monitor. "This is all caused by the weak minded."

The Winter Soldier glanced at the screen again to see tanks rolling down a city street, soldiers marching in a rhythm alongside.

"If Hydra had gained control all those years ago, there would be order to this chaos."

"I've seen your order." He said after a moment of silence, eyes on the Red Skull. "There is nothing Hydra could do but make Judgement Day come too soon."

The man looked surprised at his reply, then chuckled sinisterly. "Does it drive you crazy to know that you assisted us in coming this far for nearly fifty years?"

Not responding, he merely glared.

"Enough of the past." The Red Skull suddenly announced. "I have summoned you here to make a deal."

His puzzled look matched Crossbones before the armor clad man turned his face into stone again.

"What deal?"

"To kill your precious Captain America." His German accent was venomous.

The Winter Soldier froze.

"And if I don't?" He was surprised to hear how much emotion laced that one sentence, as silence settled.

The man in power snapped his fingers at a guard by the door he hadn't noticed before. "Bring her in."

His heart stopped beating as he looked to make sense with his own eyes.

Her blue eyes were full of pain as she was forced onward. Her blond hair fell around her face limply, which was void of her natural skin tone.

One hand was on her stomach as she was forced to her knees. A bandage coated that area, stained red, staining her hand.

"Clarissa." He murmured.

Immediately she looked up to lock eyes on him. They were full of so much pain, and dread. Dread on knowing what was coming.

The sound of a gun being drawn made his attention go back to the Red Skull who held a black pistol in hand.

"If you refuse," he began slowly. "Then I'll kill her."

Before he could respond, Clarissa did. "Bucky," she warned. "Don't. He's going to kill us both anyway."

Her own German tone was bitter as she stared at her own father, hatred burning in her usual sad eyes. She was trying to be brave in her last moments.. He could see it.

The gun lifted and now he pointed it at Clarissa's head. "Decide now, boy!" He hissed. "I'm not a patient man."

Giving a sorrowful look in her direction, he bowed his head slightly. "I accept." His voice was choked.

The Red Skull smiled cruelly. "Repeat after me soldier.. Hail Hydra."

"Hail.." His voice faltered. "Hail Hydra."