The Prologue: "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

The Streets of Cannes
France
Unknown Time Period.

Icy winds encamped them as they sat beneath the dimly lit streetlight. The genderless entity smiled as they continued their conversation with their young friend, Khentimentu.

"Life is unpredictable, my boy; many paths shall it take you down and much shall it reveal to you. The longer you live, the more you will see yourself aligning and adhering to a singular path. Many will spend the majority of their lives trying to make even with the path they believe they're destined to walk.

Life is a cruel mistress with a twisted sense of humour. She will take you far- to the end of the path and sneer and say "This was never the path for you." And with those words, she takes you away and buries you and all your dreams.

Nothing is sure but the unsure and nothing is true but the truth. Life will show you many things and take you many places, but if you follow blindly, hanging on to every sure word spoken to you, you may remain stuck and never fall; when the truth is, the best thing you could've ever done was fall. Because falling, my friend is part of our nature and often is a catalyst to the fulfilment of our calling and purpose."

"Why do you tell me such things?"

"Sometimes to lose something, you must first find it. And to find something, you must first lose everything and see that everything lost paled in comparison to what you found.

The truth is – in the end, we lose ourselves and every now and then, even our lives." Confusion ate away at him. "All our hopes and dreams snatched away with the immediacy of death. We fight through this life, striving for much - aspiring to be and do great things- only to end up cold and alone, safely tucked away in our eternal rest." The street light dims repeatedly until there was nothing but darkness and the haunting sound of the raging hollow winds.

———————
JAPAN
Fukushima Prefecture
The island of Honshu
Kurokawa Castle
1257

The serenity of the early morning is deceptive; the sun has barely risen, the birds have yet to start chirping and the entire garden is at peace. The dew drops have stained the leaves and the grass, adding to the coolness of the area at large and the stream further out can be heard rushing in song as well. It was the perfect early morning.

Therein we find a woman strolling through the garden, tending to the flowers and plants; watering, feeding and nurturing them as she sees fit. Her disposition reflects that of the garden but looks can be deceiving; for you'd never look upon her and conclude that she's hurting on the inside. The garden is filled with many different rare flowers and plants from all over the world, which gives it a sort of unspoken beauty; a wild yet, structured look.

The purity of the woman's heart results in her carrying a gleeful, encouraging countenance. Her being able to have such joy and peace despite what she's been through is a testament to her strength and perseverance as a woman. Her midnight blue hair was styled in a curled waterfall braid which led all the way down past her back, almost touching the floor. She was wearing a long, tall sleeved loose, free-flowing grey tunic which was fastened by the waist with a blue scarf of sorts. Her bright and uniquely shaped sky-blue eyes complimented her perfect ivory complexion, which was perfected by her unblemished perfect row of teeth.

1 Hour Later .........................................

As she lay on a blanket in the grass, she was in conversation with her 2-year-old son Mikael, about the things that have happened in her life and the present struggles. Many stories later, she reached the one where she mentioned a nameless bad man. A man who was out to get her and her children. It was a watered-down, child-proofed version of the bloody, horrific story one so hard, it brought tears to the eyes of anyone who heard it.