Chapter thirteen

I'm so bloody bored lately that it's literally not even funny anymore... My best friend hasn't answered any of my texts for two weeks and I'm literally dying. All I can do is write.
Okay, new chapter! Enjoy, loves!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hearts are breakable. And I think even when you heal, you're never what you were before
~city of fallen angels
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"So you just stormed out?" Scorpius asked with a raised eyebrow.
"He was pissing me off, so yes."
"James, you didn't give him a chance to speak. Merlin, he could have been going to say that he would spend more time with us." Scorpius rolled his eyes.
James groaned, banging his head on the desk in front of him.
"I'm not good with this stuff."
Fred laughed.
"What happened to the lady's man?"
"He went to hell." James mumbled into the desk and Fred burst out laughing.
"Oh poor Jaime. Fell out of a straight tree, hit every branch and landed down gay." Fred snickered.
"I will cut you." James glared.
"Isn't that what American girls say to each other?" Fred asked Scorpius.
Scorpius shrugged.
"I think."
The three were sitting in the Gryffindor common room at a table in the corner. James noticed that Teddy was sitting with Victoire by the fire, but they looked to be arguing. Lovers Spat, most likely.
"So, James, when are you going to tell your family?" Scorpius asked.
"Tell them I'm gay? Or that I'm in love with my god brother?"
"That you're gay."
James sighed.
"I don't know. I don't know if I'm ready yet. What will they think?"
"Jaime, we're your family. We'll love you and accept you just the way you are." Fred smiled.
"But..."
"Nope. We're all going to love you for who you are. "
James groaned.
"How long until Christmas?"
Scorpius glanced at the notice board where a calendar was tacked up.
"Three weeks. Are you still going to the Burrow?"
Fred nodded.
"Of course! Who wouldn't want Grandma Weasley's Christmas feast!"
The three boys' attention all snapped towards the fire as Victoire got up and stormed up the stairs of the girls dormitory, leaving Teddy sitting on the couch, his fists clenched. James looked at Teddy, worried for his crush. Teddy flexed his hands, before he shook his head, his hair having turned black, showing he was angry. His hair turned the blue James always loved again and he stood up, walking towards the three boys.
"Hey, mates." He glanced briefly at James before looking at Scorpius and Fred.
"Heya, Teddy. How's it going?" Fred asked.
"Okay. I'm sorry I haven't hung out with you lot lately. I've been really caught up with Victoire and head boy duties. I'm sorry. But I have time now." His eyes flickered to James again, almost as though he was trying to send a silent message.
James looked at his hands in his lap, taking a deep breath to calm his rapidly beating heart, before looking at Teddy. He was watching him, waiting for some type of answer.
"We've missed you, you twat. Next time, remember who your friends are." James grinned, although it was slightly forced, and gestured to a chair next to Scorpius.
Scorpius glanced at James and frowned, probably knowing his grin was fake.
James couldn't hide from his two best friends any more, they knew he was hurting. They just didn't know what to do about it.
James shook his head, smiling slightly at Scorpius. He was hurting, and his smiles were usually forced or fake. He didn't laugh as much any more. James wasn't the usual James anymore. And that terrified him.