Angel

Remember when you started calling me Angel? We were both ten at the time. It was December 2006, and in Omaha it was snowing like crazy. We both were playing outside throwing the frozen ice that layed in thick blankets on the ground, despite your moms protests to stop.

You threw a snow ball at me and me being me I over dramatized the situation and fell back grabbing my chest. You rolled your eyes and plopped down next to me. We layed together in the snow. Of course it got cold quick so I layed my head on your shoulder and you wrapped a single arm around my waist.

"I wish it could be like this forever", I mumbled. You nodded in agreement. We didn't speak after that, we didn't need to. We layed in the snow for hours, until the sun was gone and the moon illuminated us.

The cold was getting to me at this point and I wanted to go inside, but I really didn't want to leave your side. You seem to have been able to tell so you pulled one of your jackets off laying the thick material over both our bodies.

I felt my eyes getting heavy as soon as the warmth hit me, so I snuggled myself into your side. I've never felt so contempt in my life. Your arms were wrapped around my body rubbing my back to warm me up. Right when I felt sleep taking me over your mom yelled for us to come in.

"Jack, Brianna, please come in I don't want you guys catching a cold"

You sighed and pulled me up. I went to hand your jacket back to you, but you wrapped it around my shoulders and it felt so nice and warm so I didn't protest.

"Hey, look at the imprint you left", you grinned at me and I look down confused. It's was nothing but a blob.

"It looks like an angel, just like you", you whispered lowly, as if you were afraid someone was ease dropping on us.

This was the first time I ever blushed. Remember that? You grinned at me and poked my cheek.

"You're blushing", you stated. I hid in the jacket, my cheeks were burning.

"I'm gonna call you angel from now on. It makes you blush, and you look so cute blushing"

I groaned and you laughed grabbing my glove covered hand in yours, tugging me towards your house.

Your mom flipped. Brushing snow off us and gave us hot chocolate immediately. We sat at the kitchen table side by side with our knees touching.

"Alright it's time to go to bed guys", your dad said sternly. I was staying at your house that night.

We raced upstairs, you of course beat me and we fell onto your bed. Neither of us bothered changing. We layed together in the same position we did outside.

My eyes got heavy again and this time no one interrupted us from sleeping. You stroked my hair making me relax against you and then before I went to sleep you whispered, "You'll always be my angel", into my ear. I remember how wide I smiled at you. I kissed your cheek and we both fell asleep with a smile on our faces.

Remember that? I never felt so loved in my life.