I'm a Seventeen-year-old Professional Assassin Working for the Government [26]

Start from the beginning

I felt a sudden restriction on my mouth, like a peanut allergy only worse. Were we actually a couple now? Was I supposed to swoon, or say something cute in return? I’m not good at relationship stuff like that; god only knows how my last relationship ended.  And I’m in no hurry to get back there any time soon. I’m bad with people; i don’t know how to be personal or sentimental. Only to act on the demand of a situation, whatever it may be.

After a few second with my thoughts i realised that i hadn't said or down anything in response to Connor, so i gave him a brief smile then said. "I think I’m going to try to get some sleep." and with that i laid my head back against the head rest and dosed off into a dreamless sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

A few hours later i was awoken when i felt my air supply cut off suddenly. My eyes flung open and my hand reached up to try and pry Garret hand from my neck. But to no avail, they wouldn't move. I dug my fingernails deep into his skin, and felt that i we actually peeling it away in some parts. Garret groaned and the car was going from side to side on this road, as Connor tried to assist in getting him off me. I could feel myself becoming lighted; i clenched my eyes shut and held up breath, continuing to claw him with my nails. The car came to a stop, and the hands were suddenly free from around my neck, but that’s all i remembered as the dark light crept up on my after that.

The sun was coming to end across as its run across the sky was growing shorter, and the flickering from it peeking in between trees, disturbed me enough to wake me. I sat up in gasp for air, and was pulled back to my seat suddenly as i hit the restraint on the seat belt. "Good afternoon" chimed a familiar voice, as i looked across to Connor who was driving the car through the winding road.

The hours of sleep had yet caught up with him. I looked behind me, the back set was empty.

"Where's Garrett?" i asked, shocked.

"I thought the trunk would be a better place for him." Connor said.

"When did that happen?" my head was hurting a bit and i wondered if there was some paracetamol in the first aid kit.

"Somewhere near the border of Indiana and Illinois, you were out cold."

"How long was out for?" I felt a bit bad about asking so many questions, but i needed to get up to speed a bit.

"Not sure, maybe 6 hours"

"Shit! So where are we now?"

Connor chuckled "I love 20 questions."

"Sorry" i said quietly.

"He, he it's okay, honestly, you need to know anyway. We are currently in Illinois about two hours away from Chicago, where going to pit stop just out of there for the night. And actually you know have a sleep."

"I can drive if you want to," i said sitting up a little more.

"No" Connor shot back quickly "You need to recover a little more,"

Well since he offered.

"Okay, a bed and shower are pretty tempting right now. But what are going to do with Garrett?"

"We'll tie him up somewhere."

And an hour and a half later, Connor and I rolled into The Sober Mule Motel, surprisingly it herald four stars underneath the sign.

Hmm...We’ll see.

We only got one room, if we had ordered another you may as well play ‘Spot the Fugitive’. Not that that the name of the hotel, and two teenagers in shitty clothes and a Prius complimented that or anything.

The motel did have a pool, so I’ll give it one star, two double beds, a little kitchen nook and balcony gave it another three stars. The bathroom wasn’t getting any stars from me, so the final star came down to the chocolate they had on the pillows.

Connor had a shower, and I surfed through the channels on the TV while I waited for my turn. When he emerged from the bathroom wearing nothing but a towel, I found it hard to not look at him.

I nearly ran into the bathroom to avoid the awkwardness, and finally found peaceful freedom in the hot water.  As I washed myself, I listed the pros and cons of Connor, to see if there was any reason why I constantly tried to talk myself out of it.

Pros

-he’s cute

-he’s smart

-he’s funny

-I’ve known him since I first came to the school.

- He like’s ‘Dude where’s my car’ as much as me

And he like’s Tame Impala.

I decided to stop, because I knew that I could go on forever about the pro. So instead I choose to focus on the cons

Cons

….

Oh shit.

 I turned off the water, wrapped myself with a towel and got out; whipping both lists from my mind. I had to stop.

I opened the door to the bathroom, and there he was, still in his towel sitting of the bed, having his turn at channel surfing.

“Hey,” he said, “there’s and Aston Kutcher marathon on the CW, Dude where’s my Car and Just Married!”

Slowly, not too fast and not too slow, but at an even pace. I made my way over to the bed. Sitting down next to him, I felt my body cave into his as our bodies, dipped into the centre.

He turned to look at me front on, and something clicked in his head as he got what I was doing. I leaned into him and kissed him softly on the lips.

Everything was flushed away, everything and for the first time we were completely and utterly alone. We shifted our bodies back on the bed, as I reached for his towel, and he reached for mine.