Prologue

San Diego, California
2 Years Later
Robyn

"So uh..how long has it been since we last talked to each other?" She asked looking over at me, as we both walked along the hot sand that smushed between our toes. I shrugged my shoulders still looking down at my feet as she stared at me. "Robyn?"

"Don' know." I mumbled crossing my arms over my chest, she sighed stopping and I rolled my eyes looking towards her as she just stared at me. "What now? The fuck do ya' want me ta' say?"

"I want us to work this out Robyn..that's why I came here...god Robyn it's been two years since we last talked to each other, I didn't think when we said we needed space that..the space would last us two entire long years Robyn..I miss you and I know you miss me."

"Yea..I do...but I'm not ready..I'm just not."

"I apologized for everything baby...please..just let us work this out...remember..always and forever?"

"That was before ya' decided ta' take the second best thing awey' from me..and I can't wrap my head around it quite yet..it's just not good timing fa' me."

"Robyn please." She grabbed my arm slightly pulling me back.

"Where's Reia?" I asked not looking at her. She nodded her head sniffling. I don' give a damn about her crying..she should've thought of that shit when she killed my child.

"She's..uh with August."

"Don' lie..."

"Baby I'm not lying." I finally turn ta' look at her and tears were streamed down her face. All of me was just wanting ta' walk over ta' her and just hug and kiss her and tell her how much of a wreck I've been these past two years, but my heart wasn't letting me and that shit hurt that my heart was pulling me awey' from the women I planned on spending the rest of my life with...until she fucked me over.

"I think ya' need ta' leave Onika."

"Robyn please..."

"Go home..I don' want ya' here..bring my daughter and just get on with ya' life, when Im ready ta' make shit right..ill come see ya." I licked over my lips as I walked up the steps ta' my cottage.

"Baby..."

"Just go.."

"Robyn that isn't fair..I don't know why I'm getting such the cold shoulder when you've done your dirt also..I forgave you f-"

"What?" I said cutting her off, I snapped my head looking towards her, she looked down and I stepped off the steps stepping over ta' her as I stood in front of her. "Run dat' by me one more time....come on say it."

"I-I...pl-"

"Repeat what the fuck ya' Just said Tanya!" I shouted making her jump. "So ya' gone turn this shit on me? Huh? Onika don' ya' ever fucking do dat' I told ya' stupid ass she did it! Not me...I made sure ta' beat that bitch ta' death fa' ya' because I was afraid I might lose ya' over some shit I didn't even fuçking cause! Ya' know what..just get the fuck out my face I can't believe ya' just said that shit..fuck ya' and bring my daughter over here." I turned around stomping my wey' over towards my sliding door, I walked inside slamming the door as I slide down the door as I let the tears slide down my face. I can't believe she just did that shit, know good and damn well I didn't cheat on her ass..her ass always want ta' be the fucking victim of shit like she wasn't in the wrong. I don' know what the hell happened ta' us, we were so in love and unbroken..now that shit went out the window with the most smallest things that can cause such big ass complications in our marriage. I stared off into space as the tears kept falling down my face. Me sitting in this spot lasted up ta' four whole hours, I couldn't get any more..I was drained and tired of being weak fa' this shit..either I was going ta' work the shit out or say fuck it and do my own shit with my company. I heard the door bell ring and I sighed getting off the floor making my wey' over ta' the door. I opened it seeing Skylar, I smiled stepping to the side letting her in.

"Hey you ok?" She asked looking at my droopy eyes.

"I'm good..thanks fa' stopping by." She nodded her head sitting across the couch, I sat in the love seat rubbing my forehead.

"Robyn you sure your ok?"

"...actually no..I feel like shit..and I'm really stuck."

"What's up?"

"Me and Onika..we're falling apart, and I don' know what I want anymore..I mean, we've had our rough paths but...we took a complete 360 for the absolute worst..and I don' know if I want ta' work the shit out anymore..she really hurt me sky..she did." I covered my face with my hands as I leaned back into the couch. I heard skylar sigh as she moved on the couch where I was a d wrapped her arms around me.

"No no Robyn don't think that way..you guys have been married for three years all together, and you've been best friends for longer than I could think..that's the whole reason of marriage and life, you make mistakes everyone mistakes..especially married couples, and that's exactly why you learn from it and work it out like a married couple should."

"Sky..she fucked me over so bad, even my ass said I wouldn't do no bullshit like dat'..the worst thing is..she..I can't even say it, it hurts so bad...I didn't imagine the rest of married life ta' be like this..this shit...hurts." Skylar kissed my forehead rubbing my arm.

"I'm sure you guys will work everything out for the better..it's all part of married life..for better or worst...ok?" I tucked my lips in looking at her, she gave me a head nod.

"Ya' think so?"

"I know so..."

"Sky...thank ya' I really appreciate ya'
Coming here..speaking ta' me."

"Hey what are friends for right?"

"....yea." I stared at her, she looked down at me and cleared her throat as she looked awey'.

"Look I have to go rob..but uh call me..in the morning alright?"

"I will." She smiled getting up from the couch and I followed behind her, she opened the door and grabbed her wrist looking down at our hands, she looked at me once I lifted my head ta' look at her. I looked down at her lips as I moved closer towards her.

"Robyn...um..don't do that." She whispered. I sighed softly as I placed my hand over my face, what the hell was I doing?

"I'm...I'm sorry." I let her hand go staring at her, she smiled waving bye to me, I watched her walk off into the dark night as I was left alone once again. I was left ta' drown in my thoughts, I missed my old life..I missed the old me..the me I use ta' be when I first started loving Onika..I feel like I've gotten worst after so many differences between us. It's just so much shit that I need to think about before I do anything, I stood against the wall as I stared at a picture of me and Nika, it made a smile form on my face because we looked happy, unbothered by shít. I groaned loudly running my fingers through my hair. "God please help me..I need ya'." I said ta' myself. It was true...I needed him ta' help me..I needed him ta' save my marriage.

~~~~

SNEAK PEEK😏

COMING SOON IN AUGUST

LETS GET LIT🤘🏽🔥