°Don't fit society's mold°

Trigger warning

~Aiko's POV~

That day was very hard for me, I didn't want to go, but I had to.

When we got back home, I was to upset to eat, so I just went to my room.

But it's been years later, I'm now 14.

Depression is something I have to deal with. I would go to school, and then come back home to take care of my siblings while my dad would be at work.

Ever since my mom died, he has been at work a lot. Larkin had moved out with Harmony, and they had adopted two kids, since Harmony couldn't have any.

Before Larkin moved out, he stayed here to take care of my siblings and I while my dad was at work.

My dad had a horrible time when my mom died. He had a hard time doing daily tasks at first, then he got better.

When I was 11, I got depression. I hadn't told anyone but my best friend.

My best friend came to my house all the time.

Since Larkin had moved out, I got his room. So Cosette and I had our own rooms, while Miko and Hinata shared a room.

My dad never got remarried, he didn't even try.

It was a day like any other, I got back from school, but my beat friend couldn't come over. It was the weekend, and that's when she couldn't come over.

So, I opened the freezer, ignoring the human flesh. There wasn't aanythjng in there I cared for.

I was gonna be your stereotypical Asian, and make rice and green tea.

I always took advantage of the hour I had before my siblings came home. So, while the rice was cooking, I did some daily chores I had.

My dad paid me to do chores. He paid the other two, but I got a little more since I was older.

I then went to my room, and I did some homework, while listening to music.

That's what I did almost everyday.

I know my dad always tried to visit my mom's grave as often as possible, which he went there at least once a week. He never got over her death.

When my siblings got home, I gave Hinata some rice, and cut some meat for the other two. I had gotten use to this. I had been taking care of my siblings since I was 10.

I continued my homework, until I was completely done. It was finally just me time.

I turned on my computer that I saved up for, and I decided I'd just watch some anime, I had nothing else to do.

In high school, I took English, cause I would hear my mom talking in English occasionally, before she passed.

As I watched anime, I let the demons take over. I started to cry, as I thought more. 'My real mother didn't want me. She left me. The mother who actually loved me, she left as well. Even though it was along time ago, I still can't get over it. Why? Why can't I get over something like losing my mother? Was I never suppose to have a mother? She was suppose to be my role model, and she's gone now. I remember how she'd make me so happy. When I was upset, she would calm me down with comforting words. I don't have that anymore. She isn't gonna be here to calm me down with those comforting words. I have depression, and I won't get better.' I sighed heavily. Something I had gotten into was self-harm.

I opened up my desk drawer, and I through all the stuff, finding where I hid my blade.

I locked the door, just in case. I sat in front of the door, and I pressed the blade on my wrist, slowly sliding it across. I did this several more times, over past ones that had turned into scars.

I had attempted suicide before, but it didn't work, and no one found out.

I remembered my dad told me I'd get to see my mom again sometime. Their were words that'd stick with me.

I kinda became an artist, like my mom.

Something that set me apart from my family, is that I was a vegetarian. Of course, two of my siblings actually couldn't live without meat, but that's them.

Being vegetarian in a place like Japan, where there's a lot of fish, it's kinda hard, but I get use to it.

I didn't know what all was going on in my siblings lives.

Cosette was still going to the hospital, but as she got older, she got better.

Hinata was really into sports, he was the athletic one in the family.

Miko, since he only had one leg, he couldn't get into any physical activities really. So, Miko was really smart, he worked on his grades.