Nightingale

Have you heard the legend of the Nightingale?

I've memorised it, so I may as well tell you. A long long long long long (times infinity) time ago, there lived a Chinese emperor, who loved the song of the Nightingale. But, when a new, mechanical bird came along, he forgot about the real nightingale that was waiting in the courtyard. Then the machine slowly starts to fail, and with the fake bird, the king become ill. On the brink of death, the real nightingale comes back, singing its song and saves the king. A magical tale, my mom always believed in magic, but I don't.

Magic is supposed to last forever, and our fairy tale didn't. I should probably start from the beginning.

Once Upon a Time...

Seventeen years ago to be exact. My dad waseighteen, and the most famous singer in the entire world. No joke, all hisalbums hit number one, and he's preformed on stadium tours all over the world.Heck, even today, he is as popular as ever. Ahem, back to the story, that wasalso the time he met mom. I didn't even read fairy tale books when I waslittle, I just listened to their story. They met in a library, and like allother fairy tales they fell in love. Mom, for the life of her couldn't sing,and that's one of the reasons he loved her. Every tabloid and magazine wasfilled with pictures of the day Dad proposed, and a little while later, theyhad a baby girl. Harmony Nightingale Corgain. Yeah. Cheesy, I know. And theylived happily ever after...Not. All fairy tales have to stop. The book has toend. You have to wake up from your fantasies and step back into reality. Sevenyears later, my mom died in a car accident. Dad fell apart after that, and hewas never the same again. And now we can come back to present day, Dad married AlisaRight, some singer-pop star person, and now I have a step-mom. Don't worry, I'mnot gonna relive Cinderella's life. My goal isn't to 'find true love' and runaway to some far off palace. No, I'm going to stay, and standing on my own twofeet I'm going to make my Dad realize he is looking at a fake, make him see thereal me.