Chapter One

It had been a week since the war rig had sealed the canyon passage, leaving Savage and Nux stranded on the wrong side. Nux still held onto hope that they would come back for them, but Savage had lost faith in them the moment the war rig flipped over.

"Nux they are never coming back," Savage sighed as they argued for what felt like the millionth time. "They betrayed us, they were always our enemies". Currently the sky was a deep black and they were sheltered between Savage's car and a rocky overhang. It was still a long way to go before they reached the other exit through the canyon. Savage rubbed the shaved side of her short dark brown hair tiredly.

"I know its been hard on you Savage," Nux murmured as he shifted closer to his lover, laying feather soft kisses on her neck. "I'm also starting to lose hope that they are coming back". Savage turned her head to face the tall war boy and captured his lips in a passionate kiss. It wasn't long before all of their clothes were off. This was how they had been spending all of their nights, just enjoying the company of each others warmth and love.

Nux stared down hungrily at Savage's breast as he started sucking roughly on them, slipping in between her legs and pounding into her. Although she was really enjoying it, Nux was usually very gentle with her. Obviously he was giving up hope of a rescue, of survival.

Afterwards Savage lay in Nux's arms tiredly. The likely hood of them surviving was growing less and less each day.

"I love you, Savage," Nux murmured tiredly as he kissed the shaved side of her head, a habit he had gotten into doing.

"I love you too, Nux," Savage whispered back as she fell asleep in his arms.

* * *

They woke the next morning to their bare skin being kissed by the early rays of sunlight. Savage left Nux to sleep a little while longer as she put on her clothing and went hunting through the rocks for lizards. Their canned food was long since gone, but they were lucky the outer reaches of the canyon were abundant with small lizards.

It was only about ten minutes before Savage had six of them cooking over a small fire. Nux was roused by the smell of cooking meat, a luxury he hadn't had back in the Citadel.

"Here," Savage offered four of the six tiny lizards to Nux, who almost instantly refused.

"You need them more than I do," Nux gently placed the lizards back into Savage's hands. "Lately you have been getting very skinny, I'm worried about you". It was true. Savage's ribs were poking sharply through her skin and her face was gaunt. The truth was she hadn't been eating because if she ate too much she would be sick. She hadn't told Nux.

"You need them more than I do, war boy," Savage joked lightly as she handed them back to Nux, who took them, still unsure.

Savage had the smallest inclination of what was wrong with her, but she was terrified to know if it was true.

* * *

First chapter, yay! :P I hope you enjoyed! :)