Chapter 1 BUS HOME

The lifeless hood of a dark black Nike jacket beat back and forth against the solemnly obedient head of the teenage boy as the northerly wind carried his thoughts away with him. His slight fingers, knowing their place on the surface of his iPhone, brought a dull countenance to his face which knew that of only the life that was living before him. Momentarily, he would pause upon his doings, and through the diminishing squint of his eyes glimpse the passers-by, so frequent in their doings that he made accustomed to their return.

In the sky hung the lifeless pigeons, flapping back and forth against the beating of the afternoon sun. Flickers of warmth spread an array of radiated waves across the trash that lined the streets, making them appear sweaty under the hot sunshine; this occurrence passed while the boy skimmed the bus numbers for his own one. As it shuddered to his feet, the familiar green doors of his nu-venture bus appeared to open up to a whole new world before him; opportunity, the beginning of a new journey, when really life's not as symbolic as this and it was only the same green doors he had known from day to day.

As the bus shifted from its stationary position, it passed the chaos of the street, the humanity which had been left so corrupt from previous generations. So he brought his eyes back down to his phone and resolved to his own reality.