Don't wake me up

You know those dreams you have where you meet your favorite band member? Those are the ones that hurt the most because you know you'll never meet them in real life. Honestly, I have stood outside of All Time Low's hotel room for 18 hours hoping I would catch a glimpse of them. There is no such thing as becoming best friends with a band.
__________________________________

"@Michael5SOS: GREAT SHOW TONIGHT!!! Now on to LA."
My phone buzzed at a new tweet from Michael Clifford. I swear, my phone is basically a hand buzzer when it come to tweet notifications. I have notifications on for ten people, three being youtubers, five belonging to the 5SOS boys and band account,and two belonging to Andy Biersack and Troye Sivan.

I really only listen to music to escape the harsh reality of life. I relate songs to my life and dream of meeting my favorite bands and such. But that will never happen. I refuse to believe that I'll meet these people because unlike me, they actually have a life and people who like them. I, on the other hand, sit at home watching Netflix scrolling through twitter. I do homework and get pretty good grades at school, hoping my parents will get me tickets to concerts in return.
__________________________________

"Steph, you can't just expect to meet them just because you stood by the tour bus three hours after the concert last weekend," I told my bestfriend. "C'Mon Marie. You know you would've done the same thing if you heard rumors about them getting out late due to trouble with Luke's 'girlfriend'," she looked at me. She's right, but I wouldn't tell her that. "Still. I can't believe that you went to Santa Monica just to see them. That's a ways away," I said. "Whatever. My cousins live down there," she smiled.

Later on that day, as i was driving home from school for spring break, I turned on the radio. "That's right everybody. We are giving away two tickets to the 5 Seconds of Summer concert tonight at 8. The package will include two front row seats, two backstage passes and passes to meet the band. All you have to do is be the 100th caller," the radio announcer cheered as I pulled into my driveway. I picked up my phone, knowing the slim chance of actually being the lucky caller and dialed the number. It rang three times before it answered. "CONGRATULATIONS! You have won our prize. What's your name darling?" The announcer stated. I was very shocked at how I won. I never win these things. "Marie Nickols," I stated as calmly as possible. "Well congrats Marie. I will send you over to management so we can get your information and you can come pick up your tickets before the show. We'll send you to the show in a limo after we set up your tickets," the announcer told me. I was sent to management's line and gave them the information they would need before texting Steph.

After texting Steph, convincing my mom to let me go, and screaming for a whole twenty minutes, I finally started getting ready. I pulled the harbor from my hair, letting it hang in waves just below my shoulders. I grabbed my black skinny jeans and my 5SOS T-shirt I had gotten at Hot Topic ages ago and went to get a quick shower. I washed my hair and body, making sure to not lose track of time. I got out, quickly towel drying my hair. I braided my hair back so it would hang in loose waves when I took them out. I quickly did my makeup after putting on my outfit. I grabbed my all black converse and put them on quickly.

I drove over to Steph's house, knocking on the door twice then five times, something we did when we were little, and waited for her to answer. I could hear her run down the stairs and braced myself for the imminent screaming about to occur.

"OH MY GOD. HOW DID YOU EVEN GET THESE TICKETS????" Steph asked as she opened the door. "I don't really know. I was driving home and the radio guy was giving away tickets. I called, and won," I stated calmly. I knew that this was a once in a life time thing, but I didn't want to get carried away. "Oh well. We will just have to make this fun," Steph said. "It's not like I'm not excited. I just don't want to go crazy fangirl when I meet them," I explained. We got in the car and started driving. Steph pulled out a CD case and put it in the slot. We started singing English Love Affair. I found it ironic because of my family's background.

We soon arrived at the radio station and the lady at the front desk told us where to go. We followed her directions to a nice room down the hall. We sat in the room, waiting for management to come bring us our tickets.

I sat on the couch, waiting. I heard a laugh from the hallway and looked up. I knew that laugh. I shrugged it off. I then heard a thud. "Fuck!" The voice shouted. "Hey. Don't swear!" A voice returned. I looked to Steph. Bewildered, I looked to the door. It couldn't be them.