Chapter Eight - Oh Crap

I  load another clip into my rifle and I continue to take out the Chitauri chariots. I smirk as one bullet takes out four in a row " hey brother, did you see that?" I hear Clint chuckle " good job sis, bet you cant repeat it." I line up another shot and this time I take out six " I cant repeat it, but I can best it." I hear Tony laugh " you Black Wolf are awesome, hope you stick with the team." I take out four aliens on the ground " sorry Stark, I'm a field agent, was never asked to be apart of your little group." Nat laughs lightly " she usually was never at team player." I notice a good amount of chariots start to surround my area and I realize something "oh, crap "and I quickly stand and pick up my rifle and I start to run, I leave the room and  run across the hall into another room and I shoot out a window " sorry Jarvis " and I leap out  of the window and I shoot my grapple gun into another Building, the rooms I ran through exploding behind me, the force from the blasts pushes me off my path and into the building side instead of through the window I was aiming at.  I slide down the building and fall into a broken window. I cry out as I land in a pile of broken glass. I sit up and look at my now cut up arms " guys, you okay, or was I the only one to have a nice friendly blast attack." I hear nothing and I try other channels before pulling my ear comm  out and noticing a sliver of glass in it. I throw it onto the ground next to me and brush the glass off my body, wincing as I pull out larger pieces. I slowly stand, groaning in pain and I quickly pull my handguns out when I hear foot steps approaching the room I'm in and I take aim at the aliens entering and fire, dropping the six heavily armed creatures. I make a disgusted face at their bodies " you guys are ugly mothers." I limp out of the room and head to the stair case, shooting down any aliens I come across. I reach the bottom floor and head out onto the destroyed streets and I look around " oh my god." I then see the large worm like leviathans fall out of the sky and the rest of the living chitauri drop and I look up at the portal  to see a bright explosion until the portal begins to close. I smile " they stopped it, holy shit, is that Tony?" I run towards the area his falling body is heading to, I  take side roads and run past police, firefighters and other rescue units helping people evacuate the area and soon I reach a bridge and see the others plus a Hulked out Banner start to head towards Starks tower and I smile when I see Clint notice me now limping to them and he runs towards me. When he reaches me I'm pulled tightly into his arms and I wince in pain but hug back. I notice the cuts on his arms " made friends with glass too brother ?" He kisses my head " they aimed at me so I had to leap off my roof, and I ended up through a window." I start to laugh " I jumped out of a window cause they aimed at me and I hit the side of a building and after sliding down a couple floors I fell into a room through a broken window." Clint chuckles " well you can tell we are siblings, jumping out windows as an escape route." I nod " well we are Bartons, we cant do things the easy way, wheres Nat, my ear comm broke and I tossed it." Clint looks up at the tower as the others head towards us " she's up on the tower with Selvig, she closed the portal." I nod " we going to get Loki?" Steve answers at he and the other guys reach us " we are about to, Hulk let us know he and Loki had an encounter and we need to get to him before he is able to get away." I nod " lets go, I came from that direction so I'll lead you through the streets that arent destroyed or being blocked by rescue units." The men nod and we all head to the Tower.

                           We reach the large building and we enter and the two elevators open and Jarvis's voice chimes in " welcome back Ms.Barton." I smile as Clint, Tony, and Thor enter one while steve and I enter the other, Hulk leaping up to the top. As the elevator goes up I notice steve looking over at me and I sigh " I dont look too pretty do I? I'm really going to enjoy a shower after this." Steve chuckles " you look a little rough, but you are still beautiful Feralin." I blush and look up at steve " lookin good yourself captain, you look better without your face covered, your blonde hair really makes the your blue eyes shine." He moves closer to me " would you like, in a couple days. After Thor takes Loki back to their home, would you like to do something with me, Forest is invited also." I smile " is captain Rogers asking me on a date?" His face turns a light pink but he nods " yes ma'am, I'm really starting to enjoy your presence and hope to keep you around, and I'd love to get to know Forest better, she seems to be a great kid." I smile " I'd love to go on a date with you Steve, maybe we can bring Forest on our second one." The supersoldier smiles " your already considering a second date?" I nod " I'm starting to like you around Steve, I know you'd make a good impression that would make me want a second date. Besides, Phil would probably haunt my ass if I didnt give you a chance. He always tried to hook me up with guys, despite Clint constantly wanting to kill him because of that. You have something other men don't..." I'm interuped by the elevator opening and Steve and I exit and meet the others and I pull my rifle off of my back as the others ready their weapons as Loki starts to crawl up some steps and he turns around sensing us and I see the defeat in his eyes " If its all the same to you,  I'll have that drink now." Hulk lets out a snort  and I pull out cuffs from a side pouch and toss them to Nat " you do it, I'll put a knife through his temple." We head back down to the ground and a team takes Loki and Im about to get into a car when Tony grabs my arm " celebratory Shawarma, the place is close by." I smile and pull my arm away " I need to go to my daughter, you guys eat without me, I'll rain check for now." I smile at everyone and I climb into the car.

               When I reach the bridge of the helicarrier after taking a quinjet back I limp into the room and smile when I see the director holding my daugher in his arms, showing her the carriers controls. I let out a cough " didnt peg you as kid type of guy director." He spins around and sets Forest down and she runs over to me and I kneel and wrap my arms around her and Fury chuckles " I can surprise people Feralin, You all did good." I smile sadly " yeah, but at a high cost. We lost good people, and the damage to the city is steep." I lift my daughter and Fury walks over " I'm thinking about starting up project TAHITI again." I snap my head in his direction but I set Forest down " will you go get mommy  a water in the mess hall sweetheart, I promise Ill stay right here." She nods and runs off and I look at the director " Nick, he wouldnt approve. He objected to it the first time we started it." Fury nods " We can take out the memories of the procedure. We need him Feralin, you know this." I sigh " how do we explain it to the others?" Fury shakes his head " they wont know, his death brought them together, they will split but when they are needed they will come together. When he is ready, Phil will be given a new team and work  constantly out  in the field. I want you to come to DC, Im going to ask Rogers to come, and Romanoff will come as well, your brother will be sent into the field imediatly after the team has their little rest. I want you to oversee Phils progress after the procedure and look over canidates to include into his team. You will also oversee agent training." I nod "yes sir." Fury places a hand on my shoulder " so a date with Rogers, gonna hide it from your brother?" I blush " you hacked into the tower, and yes Clint wont know. I want to see if Steve is the right guy." Nick chuckles " If you agreed to him, then he is the right one."