Chapter33

Paule's POV:

It's been thee days and Edward still doesn't answer me back, on top of that my parent are making me go on a date every single day with Lincoln, and today we as me mother and father have been invited over to Lincoln's.

I DONT WANT TO GO. But guess who has no say in this? ME! Yup the one and only god damn idiot who's obliged to marry that stuck up asshole.

Mother took me dress shopping since this is a really "important event" yikes. Now I'm being fitted in a lime green dress. Fitted all the way from top to bottom. One look in the mirror and I'm in love with my reflection, and I can't help but imagine myself wearing it during a night out with Edward. Wait a second. I'm not supposed to feel this way about someone who I haven't seen in real life.

Okay, calm down, I'm not falling for him, this is just me thinking of someone I care about, now let's show mother, hopefully she likes it. And she she did. She loves it, it's the first time she actually likes something I choose.

Now I'm pretty sure I'll be stuck in heels, that are not even my choice. At least I got a dress I actually like right? The full day was spent at the mall, from dress shopping to heels shopping to the hair saloon and the nails one, tired was the least I could be when we arrived home.

But there was no time to sleep or enjoy peace, mother burst through my door ordering me to get ready. And I did. The final look at my reflection made me want to cry, I looked so pretty, my hair was in a cascade of waves filled with flowers, my makeup was perfect, not a caked face and not a nude one neither. And lastly the work of art, my dress.

I couldn't stop looking at my reflection,until, my phone vibrated in my hand. Just looking at the message, my heart skipped a beat. It was the long awaited reply from Edward. Just as I was unlocking my phone mother called me down.

Giving it a sad smile, I walked downstairs. Got in the car and waited as we were driven. I could not use my phone in there since I would get dizzy as usual.

So I opted for looking out the window, at night the city of London was so breathtaking, the trees were filled with fairy lights, people passing by, families walking home together, little kiosks were open welcoming buyers, oh how I wish I could be like them all, walk around not a care in the world, be... Happy, really happy.

I looked down at my hands, thinking of Edward, he's made his way into my heart and my head. I wonder why he doesn't want to meet face to face, maybe he doesn't like me, maybe he just feels sorry for me, I hate when people feel sorry for me, but I too would feel sorry for me if I wasn't me.

A car horn took me out of my daydream, looking once again outside, I saw we were coming up the gate. Their house was beautiful on the outside, but I don't really think it's this pretty, on its inside.

We all walked out of the car and started walking the stairs as the doors were open, and coming down to meet us was the one and only Lincoln Pierce. Mr and Mrs Hage, he acknowledged my parent with a little small talk, then he looked over at me, came closer, took ahold of my hand and gave it a kiss.

"It's so nice to have you over Ms Paule" he said.

"Thanks for inviting me" I added, as I was taking my hand away again. He didn't get the signal that I did not want to touch him, as he comfortably puts his hand on my lower back, guiding everyone into the house.

"Mind if I ask a question?"

"Wouldn't mind at all Ms Paule"

"Do you live on your own?" I just couldn't help but ask, I have not yet seen his father and mother who were supposed to be present.

"I do"

"Oh"

As we continued walking, we finally arrived to a saloon, we all took a seat and some maids came out, giving us champagne. Father, mother and Lincoln were deep in conversation, while I, on the other hand, had not said a word since our come.

Soon, the bell rings and in come Lincoln's parents. Who just by their looks scream stuck up people. I don't want those to be my mother and father in law. We all stand up as they walk in, shaking hands with my parents, they then proceeded to me.