Shattered Violets~46

Authors note:  This is unedited and may have seens unsuited for delicate natures. 

Please remember to vote and comment... thank you for reading.

46

It killed me to leave Angel standing there in the middle of the restroom. Still, I knew what I needed to do and nothing could stop me now. I had to get both Damon and my father out of my life for good; otherwise, I’d be looking over my shoulder for the rest of my life, never able to live peacefully.

Lifting my head high and my shoulders back, I walked passed Bruce as if he didn’t exist.  I could she Damon sitting there, talking to some hot little server as I came up to the booth. Ushering her away as I approached, Damon stood up to greet me.

“Darling, there you are. I was beginning to think you ran off on me.” Damon teased.

Trying to smile, I replied “No, not this time around anyway.” Thankfully, Damon just laughed. Maybe he thought I was teasing. Truth was, for a split second I thought about taking Angel by the hand and making a run for it.

Noticing Damon’s eyes move from me to Bruce, I waited for what was coming next. I could tell that I was holding my breath, until Bruce nodded and returned to his post. I had no idea what the signals meant, but it must have been good, since nothing seemed to happen next.

“Well, I’m glad you came back. I must say, I’m surprised and happy that you’ve been such a good little girl.”

Trying to return is smile; I scooted into the booth and grabbed Damon’s hand to have him follow. I wanted him facing away from the restroom doors, when Angel made her departure. “Here, Damon. Why don’t you try one of these strawberries?” I said, as I slowly bit into one. “Oooh… myyyy… goooodness, these are fabulous.” I moaned with delight.

Seeing the lust build in Damon’s eyes, he slowly took the strawberry I was offering and put it in his mouth, causing me to feel repulsed by his simple action. 

“You’re right beautiful, they are fabulous.” He agreed, while licking his fingers.

To cover my disgust, I reached for my glass of champagne and drank it down. I was a little taken back by the bitter after taste, but just shrugged it off.

“Vivian, would you like to continue to dance. I don’t mind sitting here, even if it’s just to watch you.”

For how full of energy I was just a moment ago, I suddenly started to feel a little sleepy. “No, I think I’m good.” I yawned suddenly.  “Maybe it’s time to head home.”

Damon sat there for a moment just looking at me before he answered. “I have a better idea. I have a suit reserved here for tonight.”

“What?” I exclaimed. “We can’t stay… we have to go home. Huh… I don’t have any clothes here. None of my things.” I could feel myself panicking.

“Darling we’re rich. I’ll just call down to the concierge, and she’ll have something sent to our room.”

“You mean that Brenda chick? You want her to pick something out for me to wear home?” How in the hell was I going to get out of this?

“Yes… you really don’t like her do you?”

“No, it’s not that. I… I… I don’t think it’s a good idea.” I finally told him.

“Nonsense. It’s all set up and ready for us.”

“You had this planned didn’t you?” I know I shouldn’t have felt tricked, but I did.