2 - Bad start of the day

Like every other morning, Grace woke Fiona up. Since she was not a morning person, it was difficult for her to wake up early and start her day fresh. But like Fiona's mother or her alarm clock, even Grace has been waking her up early for the past week.

After getting up, she did her usual morning chores and went to the kitchen to help Grace. She didn't like Fiona helping her, but she insisted. And being the pleasant person who Grace is, she lets Fiona help her.

They were both talking and joking around along with doing their work. Grace, despite being in her late 40s, is upbeat and has a lovely voice. While cooking, she always sings, and Fiona just loves to listen to her voice. She sometimes wonders how Grace became a maid. She should have been on the X factor and would have easily won that competition. But anyway, Fiona is lucky to have her. If it was not for her, then she doesn't know how she would have survived this long in this house.

Bless her!

Grace is a beautiful old woman who has a strong personality. Her golden hair and brown shades, hazelnut eyes, and smooth skin make her look younger than her age. Grace is passionate about the things she does. It is very rare, or would rather say, once in a blue moon; it happens that she is behind her schedule.

Unlike on other days, today Grace ran late. So, she asked Fiona to set the plate for Justin.

Justin's name always makes Fiona's heart clench. So she took a deep breath, put the breakfast on the plate, and took it to his room. As she was nothing but a stranger to him, she knocked on the door. But there was no answer. She hit a few more times, but still, there was no reply. So she slowly but hesitantly entered his room.

This would not be the first time that Fiona had stepped into this room. When she first came to this house, Grace gave her a tour. So she very well knew the look of his room. That doesn't mean she goes into his room whenever she feels like it. Fiona's always respected a person's privacy. This is only the second time she has visited him in his pad.

Justin's room is typical of a bachelor's pad. An enormous bed in the middle with a small study table, a few of his clothes lying down on the bed, and, of course, a punching bag hanging in the left corner of his room. But compared to other guys, it's a bit cleaner. For a businessman, he was surely not as organized as Fiona had thought. But for a guy, he definitely likes to keep his room clean. Who knows!! Well, maybe because Grace had been doing it on his behalf.

When she stepped in, the room was empty, and she heard the faint sound of the shower, so Fiona figured that Justin might be taking a bath. So Fiona kept the food tray on the table beside his bed.

When Fiona was about to leave, she heard the door creak. So she turned around and saw Justin just standing in his towel, and her eyes went wide. Her mouth was wide open, so she quickly turned around and closed her eyes with her hand.

"I am so sorry!!" She squeaked.

"I can't believe you. After everything, you still have nerves of showing up here." Justin growled and took a few steps towards her. And when Fiona turned around, Justin's face reflected frustration and anger.

"Who the hell do you think you are, barging into my room without my permission?" Justin was furious. After all this, she still had the nerve to show herself in his room, he thought.

Surprised and frightened by his reaction, Fiona's response came out as a whisper, "I just got you breakfast..."

But soon, she was cut short by his sarcastic laugh, "Food, bullshit!! I would never eat what you got me." And he threw the plate. He didn't mean to do that, but he had no control over his actions. His frustration got the better of him.

The food was all across the floor, and the plate was broken into millions of pieces. Fiona immediately left the room without saying a word and went into the guest room. This is becoming a daily routine. This time, she didn't cry because that arrogant, angry man was rude to her, but because it was getting too much for her to handle. It was getting out of control.

Is this going to be her life forever?

And the worst part is that she cannot step back from this marriage.

This only led her to think, what did she ever do to deserve all this?