TWENTY-TWO - MY MERMAID.

INSTAGRAM

@emeraudetoubia: do you think my beautiful mermaid will be happy to see me?37k likes, 40k comments

37k likes, 40k comments

@peytonviola: i'm distracting her, hurry up

@kitkatsmeow: i FEEL SO ALIVE FOR EMRIEL FUCK YES

@kitkatsmeow: now i feel bad because i said the bad version of frick frack

@liamasscroft: why are you so cute what the hell @kitkatsmeow (winkwonk)

-

Ariel wasn't blaming Emeraude, of course she wasn't. It wasn't her fault that she had to work, Ariel knew that. But they hadn't seen each other in person for two months, because she had to study and had no money while Em had to work a lot. Ariel was just kind of sad that she couldn't be with her girlfriend on their two month anniversary, she didn't care much about her graduation, because she just wanted the woman she cared for to be happy.

"Do you want to take off the gown? It's so warm," Peyton said as they exited the building after the graduation ceremony. She was actually just trying to distract her friend, but Ariel nodded and placed her cap on Peyton's head.

"Yeah, I'm going to pass out because of the heat if I don't," she said and quickly got out of the gown and tried to fix her hair since it had gotten messy in the process. She took her diploma from Peyton after stuffing the gown and the hat into her backpack. "Can we go and get ice cream?"

"Sure, but I think you should tie your shoe laces first," the brunette said and gestured to her friend's green Converse. Ariel looked down in confusion, because her shoes were tied. She looked up with a pout on her face, but Peyton just gestured for her to turn around. The ginger slowly turned around, and her heartrate immediately sped up. She pushed the diploma into her best friend's hand and started running towards her girlfriend who stood there with her arms outstretched with flowers in one hand, waiting for a hug.

Ariel almost knocked Emeraude over when she ran into her, but she quickly embraced her and they just stood there for a while, hugging.

Because that was all they really needed, each other's embrace.