Chapter 21

Love Before Dawn – Chapter 21

A/N : Sorry for the wait. Here's the new chapter.

Enjoy.

Your point of view

Days passed and there were still no sign of The Order or any of their vampires, which Lauren thought was good but I knew better. I knew they wouldn't let me get away with the murder of one of us this easily. But I also knew Lauren couldn't accept that I stayed away from her like I used to before we slept together, so I kept seeing her, knowing it was risky but also knowing that I had to if I didn't want to lose her. Days became weeks and even I started to believe that they wouldn't come after me. I even started to forget about it, dedicating my whole time to my relationship and my friendships. Dinah had forgiven me for what I had done and she had become a great friend and well Camila was still my best friend, even though every now and then I'd tease her about her sex life, still slightly offended that she hadn't told me she and Dinah had done it. Everything was perfect, just like it was supposed to be but of course that couldn't last. Everything went downhill when I found a note on my bed after dropping Lauren at Camila's for the evening. I didn't think much about it, I just thought it was Lauren who had left it there but when I opened it I froze.

"Take one of ours, we take one of yours. You better have said goodbye already."

The note read, in a typical classy calligraphy that the Order uses. It didn't take me more than a second to fly out the room and to run, at the speed of the light, back to Camila's. I banged on the door calling for Lauren's name, and was reassured when she opened the door for me, not understanding why was in such a distress.

"Babe? What's wrong?" she asked as she dragged me inside the house.

"They're here." I said, making her frown as Camila and Dinah both joined us, alerted by the sudden noise. "They're here to avenge Aaron Lauren, they're coming for you." I said in a rush, my voice shaking as I cupped Lauren's cheeks.

"It's okay, calm down, let's just go somewhere safe and it will be alright okay?" she said.

"NO." I yelled as she was about to open the door. "You're safe in here, the house is on Dinah's name so no vampire can get in without being invited. So you stay here. And Dinah too, don't open the door to anyone okay? You need to-" I was interrupted by the doorbell ringing, making me and the rest of the girls freeze. What if it was them? I focused, trying to see if I could hear a heartbeat from the other side of the door but couldn't hear any, so I told the girls to go to the living room and to not come out no matter what. And went to door. If I had a heart it would be beating like crazy at that instant. I turned the doorknob and opened the door in a swift mood, gulping when I saw who was standing in front of me.

"Hello, love." I saw him standing in front of me, Isaac, the same guy that turned me into a vampire more than 300 years ago. To say that I was shocked would be a euphemism. Yes I expected vampires from the clan but not the leader of it. "Cat got your tongue?" he said, his famous smirk plastered on his face.

"What are you doing here?" I said through gritted teeth. I saw that he didn't come alone since there were 3 other vampires on the other side of the street.

"Why, I came here for you, of course." He said, in his typical british accent (A/N: I'm picturing Klaus as Isaac.)

"What do you want with me?" I questioned.

"Well, what's gonna happen today all depends on you." He declared and I just frowned. "You see, you killed Aaron. Now I was never much of a fan of him but still he was a great soldier even though he was a jerk. And well he was family. And you, little fool, killed him. So now, you have a choice. Either you take his place and come home with us, or you little friends hiding in the living room all die tonight, and that includes your pretty green eyed human." He explained while my face hardened. There was no way in hell I'd go back with them and well, the girls were safe in here.

"You're not my family. They are. I'm not going back with you." I said and his smirk instantly disappeared.

"Wrong answer." He said, his face hard and his eyes icy. But the smirk reappeared. "I bet I can make you change your mind." He turned around giving me his back and I saw the other vampires nod. And just like that I knew that something bad was going to happen. In a second, I saw the vampire shoot arrows inside the house, aiming at the windows.

"GET AWAY FROM THE WINDOWS GUYS!" I yelled before running towards the living room. They were all on the floor or hiding behind furniture. None of them seem to be hurt and I rushed towards Lauren when it stopped.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" I asked worried.

"No babe, I'm fine."

I heard his voice. "Babe. How cute is that huh?" he said sarcastically having heard Lauren.

"Guys, are you okay?" Dinah and Camila both said they were and I sighed in relief until I heard his voice.

"Love, come here a minute please." I heard and regretfully listened, not wanting to piss him off even more. But the second I appeared at the doorframe, I felt an excruciating pain and fell to my knees as an arrow landed in my stomach. Blood started coming out of my mouth as a second one was shot in my knee. The pain was unbearable. I could hear Lauren yelling my name, asking if I was okay but it was impossible for me to answer. The fresh wounds burning as if the arrows had been covered in poison. I heard something land in the living room and heard the girl start screaming. It was only when I heard the little sound of gas escaping a gas bottle very slowly that I knew what was coming. They wanted to blow the house up, to make it explode with the girl inside. I couldn't let that happen.

"Ready to change your mind?" I heard Isaac say. I had to protect them and the only way I could do it right now was by doing the only thing I swore I'd never do.

"Y-Yes. If you...promise not to hurt them..." I stuttered, barely above a whisper. And I heard Lauren scream.

"I promise I won't hurt them physically." He answered.

"Y/N NO!" she said but I had already crawled to the outside of the house and he pulled me up. That's when Lauren and the girls appeared in the corridor, far enough so that they couldn't reach them with arrows but close enough for them to see what was happening. He made me turn towards them.

"Look at them very carefully. It's the last time you'll see them." He whispered in my ear as tears started running down my face. I met Lauren eyes and was crushed by the tears that were running down her face.

"It's okay babe. I'll be alright. I love you."

"I love you too Y/N, so much." She answered and I heard him laugh, a laugh that made my whole body freeze.

"I don't think keeping you away from them is enough of a punishment though." He said making me frown.

"You promised." I whispered.

"I promised not to hurt them physically, I never said anything about emotionally." He answered.

"Don't...please." He turned me to face him and looked at the girls.

"I heard once that there was nothing more hurtful than having the one person you love more than anything...forget you." He declared making my eyes shoot open.

"No. Don't. Please. Don't do that. Please." I started begging, not wanting him to erase the memories Lauren had of me, needing her to remember what we had. I couldn't live in a world where she didn't remember loving me. "Don't erase her memories please."

"Her memories?" he said frowning. "Oh no no no. I want her to suffer as well, cause she made you this weak little human vampire. I'll take your memories." He said as he looked right into my eyes. I could hear Lauren yelling, begging him not to do it, telling him to just kill her instead cause just like me she couldn't live in a world where one of us didn't remember the other. But it was too late. Before I knew what was happening, I was drowning in his eyes and memories of Lauren started to fade one by one. "You're going to forget everything that happened since you first laid eyes on this particular green eyed girl, forget you loved her, forget she loved you, forget everything that made you human. Be the monster I know you can be." He said before it all went black.

A/N: Oops.

Sorry.

-Katy

a