|Chapter Five| Devin and Zed

|Perspectives Key:

Mew - Mew

Mewtwo - Mewtwo

Arceus - Arceus

Yveltal - Yveltal

Xerneas - Xerneas

Darkrai - Darkrai

And more to come!|

~*Liana's POV*~

Liana woke up to rays of sunlight streaming through her window. She yawned and got up, causing Curiosity to wake up as well. The fire type sneezed, causing a little puff of fire to form in the air for a second. Liana pet him, and got dressed. She picked up her phone and saw a text from Devin.

"Hey Liana, I'm waiting at our favorite café, see you there..." She read aloud.

Liana sighed and got her pokéballs and Pokémon ready. Curiousity jumped up on her shoulder and settled down. She opened the door to her room, only to be met by Darkrai. She flinched, but didn't jump back like last time.

"What are you doing outside of my door?" Liana asked, a hint of annoyance in her voice.

I'm accompanying you, remember?

Liana sucked in a breath, then sighed. That's right, he would be following her around all day.

"Okay... But I have to go meet my brother in Lumiose City, I don't think showing yourself there is the greatest idea," she told the dark type.

Shadows are my friends for a reason you know, I can travel through them.

"Fine, let's just go," Liana huffed, getting Scarlet Storm's pokéball ready.

She walked to the exit and called Scarlet Storm out. Scarlet fluffed up her crimson feathers, and let Liana get on her back. They took off, and Darkrai faded into the shadows. The ride to Lumiose City was quick, and Scarlet landed outside of the café where Devin was waiting. Liana called Scarlet back into her pokéball, and walked inside the café. Devin was sitting at a table with a Tyrunt, looking through his pokédex. She walked over to him.

"Liana! Nice to see you," Devin greeted her.

"Nice to see you to!" Liana greeted him with a hug. "I see you got a new Pokémon."

"Yeah, I don't have a name for her yet. Let's go for a walk," he suggested.

Devin led them out of the city to a route. They walked in silence for a bit before he asked a question.

"So, where have you been?" Devin asked.

"Oh you know, just on some routes here and there..." Liana lied.

"I know you haven't been on routes, where have you really been?"

Liana stopped walking. How could he know where she'd been and where she hadn't been? She looked around, her gaze stopping on Tyrunt. She was growling at a nearby shadow. Oh no.

"Tyrunt, use stomp on that shadow," Devin instructed.

Tyrunt stomped on the shadow, and Darkrai's arm came out and whacked it away. Devin ran over and grabbed the arm, pulling Darkrai out. The Pokémon's blue eyes looked shocked. Liana ran up to them, taking her brother's arm away from Darkrai's.

"Darkrai, huh?" Devin smirked.

Darkrai tried to back into the shadows, but Liana stopped him.

"It's too late anyway, Darkrai," Liana said, defeated.

"What exactly have you been doing, Liana?" Her brother questioned.

Liana looked at him, and opened her mouth to answer.

I think it's time I go.

Darkrai sunk into the shadows, leaving Liana there to talk for herself.

"Now explain why and how you know Darkrai."

Liana told him about her encouter with Mew and Mewtwo, and how she wanted to help them. Curiousity was watching Devin with protective eyes as she spoke, the little fire type had jumped down from her shoulder.

"Interesting..." Devin muttered, his hand on his chin.

Liana!

Liana looked around when she heard Mew's voice, and saw her floating just above Devin's head. Devin was looking up at the psychic type, his mouth open in awe.

"What is it, Mew?" Liana asked.

That! Mew pointed her tiny paw towards a trainer and his Pokémon.

The trainer stopped, his eyes locked with Liana's.

"I found you again!" It was Zed.

"Zed?" Devin asked, still looking at

He saw me so I panicked and came to find you!

Liana grabbed Mew, holding her. Curiosity jumped onto his trainer's shoulder, baring his teeth. Devin held up his hands.

"Fierce one," he chuckled.

Zed looked at Liana, "I was hoping Mew would lead me to you, I have a question."

"Well, what is it?" Liana asked.

"Can I please help you and the legendaries?"

"I want to help, too," Devin said.

Mew seemed to be panicking, her little tail lashing about. Liana sighed, placing her hand over her face.

"That's not up to me to decide," Liana concluded.

"Then bring us to the one who does!" Zed insisted. "I want to help!"

Liana looked down at Mew, who seemed to be considering her options. She looked down.

Fine, I'll bring you to Arceus.

Devin and Zed high-fived, victory in their eyes. Mew teleported them to the floating sanctuary, where Arceus was looking at many different bubbles. The bubbles showed different areas in time and space. He looked over at the new arrivals, his gaze unwavering. Mew seemed to shrink within Liana's grasp. Devin and Zed looked at the Pokémon god, their eyes now uncertain.