May 5th 2016

Early update! It's unedited, but hey... you can't win at everything!

~*~*~

"I have a bone to pick with you."

"About?"

"'The ruggedly handsome lawyer, with his laid back demeanour and casual conversation, can charm even the most unsuspecting admirer. Once on set, Daniel had practically every female- and male- under his spell. An easy confidence, a 'Call me Daniel' and a heart stopping smile was all it took for everyone to fall in love with this dashing Earl.'"

"It's very complimentary."

"You called me dashing, Sophie."

"I don't see the problem with that."

"I don't want to be called dashing."

"Why not?"

"Because... I don't like it."

"Well, I do and seeing as I'm the one who wrote the article, all I have to say to you is this- tough shit."

"... You think I'm ruggedly handsome?"

"You're not ugly, are you!"

"But... ruggedly handsome?"

"You're obsessing with this article too much."

"Says the one who wrote it out six times."

"I was editing, not obsessing."

"You were slaying, too, if the previous version is anything to go by."

"Oh, I talked to Jasmine about that."

"And?"

"She argued back."

"Really?"

"I think she missed her calling. She should have been a lawyer, like you."

"Haha. That good, was she?"

"She convinced me to come around to her way of thinking."

"Really? But you can be so stubborn."

"And you're not?"

"But we're not talking about me. We're talking about you."

"I think I prefer it when we talk about you."

"Of course you do. You're so in love wi... you're obsessed with me."

"Nice save, Whitaker."

"I thought so."

"Do you have a tux?"

"No."

"You don't? But I thought, because you're a dashing Earl, you'd have one."

"I was being sarcastic. Of course I have a bloody tuxedo. I have several. And stop calling me a dashing Earl. Do you know how much abuse I'm going to get if people at the office read or hear about that comment?"

"A lot, I suspect. Hey, I was just trying to do you a favour. I'm making you hot commodity for the opposite sex."

"I don't want to be hot commodity for the opposite sex."

"You don't?"

"I already have you fawning over my abs and my beard, I'm all set. Don't need anyone else."

"That's sweet of you."

"Sweet, not dashing?"

"You're not going to let that comment go, are you?"

"Not likely, no."

"Anyway, as I was trying to say, you need a black tux for Emma's wedding. Don't worry about a tie because I'll get you one made that'll match the colour of the bridesmaid's dress."

"A tie, with a tux? Oh, no way. Come on now, Sophie, you know better than to have someone wear a tie with a tux."

"Ok."

"I shall wear a black bow tie and have a pocket square to match the colour of your dress."

"A pocket square?"

"And probably a handkerchief, too. You'll probably cry at some point during the wedding, so it's good practice to have one at hand."

"You're so proper, it's adorable."

"Adorable? Are you just coming up with horrible adjectives that you know I'll hate just so that I'll love 'dashing' that little bit more?"

"Is it working?"

"Comparable to 'cute' and 'adorable,' being called dashing doesn't seem all that bad."

"My mission is complete."

"And with that, I bid you farewell. I have a date with a judge who hates my guts."

"Gearing up for a loss?"

"I said the judge hates my guts. That doesn't mean she won't award in my favour. After all, I have a 'laid back demeanour and casual conversation,' that 'can charm even the most unsuspecting admirer.'"

"Funny."

"Hilarious. Right, 'gator, gotta go."

"Cool, baboon."

"Speak tomorrow, babe."

"Bye, Daniel."

~*~*~

A/N

I think I'm having too much fun writing this flirtatious version of Danphie!

Sarah, xx