Chapter 18

"Because I'm your friend," he says.

"Eren," I quietly say.

"Why?"

"They told me... If I didn't come here, they would kill you and your sister," he says.

I look up with tears in my eyes.

"I came here, parked my car a few miles out and walked towards this place. Then I was knocked out and woke up here. That's what happened. That's why I'm here," he says.

"I'm sorry..."

"(Y/n)?"

"I knew it was you!"

I step back and fell off of the stage as the arrow was fired towards him. I watched as the arrow entered the skin above his collar bone. His eyes widened, and he fell into the curtains behind the stage. I turned my head towards the door to see A standing at the door with a crossbow. Isabelle was in a headlock next to A. I looked at them trying to look as calm as possible, but my legs shook. I stood up and quietly walked closer.

"Let her go," I say, holding my hands above my head.

I inched closer and someone grabbed me from behind. I turned around to see A's accomplice.

My eyes widen.

"H-How could you?"

I looked at the two of them and tried to rule everything out. How? How did they do it?

----

"Different Person's" POV

I stared at the computer screen and tried to track down the location. I stayed patient as the gun in his back pocket stayed in his back pocket.

"Son of a bitch! Erwin!"

"What is it," he asks.

"He has a gun," I reply.

"Where's the location!?"

"It's tracking I-"

There was a ding, and the screen lit up.

"It's 17 miles west," I say.

"Where? Isn't that near Lynnsville?"

"Yes. It's in the forest several miles north of the town," she says.

"Send anyone we have," Erwin says, rushing out of the room.

Armin sat next to me and twirled his thumbs.

"So kid, you were there when she was kidnapped, right?"

"Yes."

"Who was with you?"

"Annie... Isabelle.. Farlan..."

"Not Isabelle (l/n)?"

"No," he responds.

I click on the screen and zoom in on "A".

"Hanji?"

"What is it?"

"Can I go with you?"

She turns her head to look at him, and gives him a confused look.

"That's my best friend in there," he says.

"Fine. But stay sharp, and don't move away from me," she says.

----

I broke free of his grasp, and grabbed my heel, hitting him in the face with the heel.

Isabelle watched in anticipation as I ran out of the room.

She grabbed the heel from her legs and did the same. The two criminals were left in the room, grasping their heads, but A turned around and shot an arrow at her, just missing her head.

I ran down the hall, and me and Isabelle met at the end of that hall by slamming into each other, full force. I grabbed her by the shoulders and let out a sob.

"This way," I whisper-shout.

We ran down the small corridor, and pushed the heavy, metal doors open. We were in the kitchen. On the tables were multiple knifes and kitchen utensils. I grabbed a knife and continued running with Isabelle. We ran out of the back door, and into another corridor, this time it was almost completely blackened.

Isabelle

I moved slower fearing that we could run into a wall at any moment. I felt against the wall, and my hand pushed into a door. I grabbed Isabelle's shoulder, and directed her towards the door. I pushed open the door and we were introduced to a large theater. I looked behind me, but couldn't find (y/n).

"(Y/n)?"

It was silent.

I turned around and cold hands met my throat. I hadn't been with (y/n) since we entered the hallway, and I was stuck in here with A. And (y/n) was nowhere to be seen. I looked up and grabbed their wrist, trying to pull her hands away from me. Blood dripped down my chin as I struggled to break free.

"LET HER GO!"

I jumped as someone screamed, and hit A across the head with her heel. A fell to the floor and screamed loudly as (y/n) strangled her.

I watched in horror.

This is what fear can do to you.

A squirmed around and reached for the weapon on their belt. (Y/n) raised the knife, and brought it down on her arm.

A scream echoed through the room as (y/n) repeatedly hit A.

"STOP!" A screamed.

I looked at the damage done and nearly hurled.

(Y/n) couldn't bring herself to finish the job. I had retreated against the wall in fear that I would soon become a victim of her relentless insanity.

But it wasn't her fault.

It was-

----

In one chapter, I will reveal A and her accomplice. Prepare yourselves for a terrible ending. Sorry