Chapter 3

-Chapter 3

“Hey, you have someone here to see you,” a voice said and I felt a shake. “Hello? Ms. Chambers? Are you even alive right now?” I laughed as the person touched my wrist. “Come on! This isn’t funny! You have a visitor and you’re not even ready to greet them.”

I opened my eyes. “Jake?” I asked rubbing my eyes. “Can you go and distract the person while I switch my outfit and brush my teeth?”

“I will do my best ma’am.” Jake bowed his head and he left the room. He needs to wake up people better.

I pushed myself off the bed and looked around the room. Oh, crap! I forgot that I told that dude that I was going to think about his offer and now he is probably here trying to see what I have to say about it. Where should I hide at right now?

I walked over to my closet and pulled out a shirt and some jeans. I quickly changed into them and I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I feel so disgusting right now.

“Hey, that jerk from the hotel is here!” my sister shouted as she entered the bathroom. “Oh, you look really casual right now. I thought you wanted to look the role of his girlfriend, not someone who watches his stuff. You have to look classy at all times and look rich.”

“We’re not even that rich sis. Mom and dad’s business is just starting to take off and they are starting to make some good money but not enough to make us rich,” I muttered out looking into the mirror. “How do you think I look besides like someone who watches his stuff?”

“Do you want me to tell you the truth?”

I glared at her. “No, I want you to tell me that I look like a tree,” I said with sarcasm. “Yes, I actually want you to tell me the truth!”

“Okay, well I’m just going to say that you look like someone who came out of a cheap clothing store,” Lindsey told me and I sighed. “Anyways, we’re still going to need to replace everything in your terrible looking closet. It’s too tacky for a celebrity’s girlfriend to wear.”

“We’re not even actually dating and I haven’t said anything about wanting to go along with his stupid plan,” I replied and I walked out of the bathroom and out of the room. “Lindsey, we’re going to have to talk about clothes later because right now I need to focus on this guy who wants me to play pretend with him. It’s like he wants me to act out some stupid fairytale with him. Which fairytale would this even be?”

“Hmm…how about Beauty and the Beast?” Lindsey suggested.

“Am I beauty?”

“No, Jason is beauty and you’re the beast.”

I groaned. “Thanks for the love you give me.”

I reached the kitchen and I looked at the table. Jason looked up from where he sat and he smiled. My parents looked at me and him for a second with a confused look on their face.

“Oh, hey mom and dad,” I said softly. “Hello Jason.”

Jason stood up and he walked up to me. “Hey, how are you doing today dear?” he asked and I gave him a harsh look. Does it look like I need my parents thinking I’m actually with this guy? “Baby, what’s wrong? Are you upset with me or something for telling the media about us?”

I sighed. Okay, I have to go along with his stupid plan. Why me?

“Babe, I was just a bit shocked about it but now I’m alright and I can accept the fact we’re together,” I answered sweetly. “I didn’t want to believe that you put us out in the open especially when I came to meet you at the airport.”