Chapter 13

Read! Comment! Enjoy!

Sang's POV

I hear footsteps approaching the door but I am too lost to greet whoever is behind me. It is gone; all of it. All the hard work I put into my projects. This was my life. Mark's gone, Stella's gone, Mr. Stroufield's gone, and my music's gone. I have nothing. I am nothing. Tears build in my eyes as I clutch what is left of Hummingbird.

Somebody kneels down next to me and pulls me into a hug. I seize the collar of whoever it is, bury my head into the hard chest and cry. I mean a bawling, snot-filled cry. I can't remember the last time I cried like this. The last time I let it all out. A hand soothingly rubs up and down my back. My nose squishes into their chest, causing me to cry harder. 

 After a few minutes, I pull away flustered. I can't believe I cried all over someone I did not know. When I finally look up to apologize my eyes meet Dr. Green. My mouth drops open. Not only did I cry all over some stranger, I cried all over my teacher!

"I'm so sorry Dr. Green! I didn't mean to...look your shirts all ruined! Oh my god I'm so sorry!" My words slur together they came out so fast. Dr. Green appears to be a great person. I definitely do not want him to hate me.

"Shhh. Miss. Sang it's no problem. I have extra shirts around here somewhere." Dr. Green walks over to Mr. Blackbourne's desk and grabs a crisp white shirt from out of a drawer.

"You know Mr. Blackbourne?" I can't understand this group of boys. Over the course of my life, few people spoke to me that it wasn't to be mean. Then in the span of two days 8 super attractive men have been kind and caring. They are helping me back on my feet.

Dr. Green frowns. "The bigger question is do you?" Now I'm confused. Am I not supposed to?

"Yes, well, I only met him yesterday." Dr. Green nods his head then proceeds to unbuttoning his shirt. My cheeks heat and I avert my gaze to the mess around me. My super hot super young teacher is changing his shirt three feet from me. Was it just me or did this room get hot?

Dr. Green stands next to me when he is done. "Come on get up Sang." He holds out a hand to help me up. I shake my head, "I'm fine down here." It is ingrained in me from my mother, when something bad happens to kneel. There was no pain from the carpeted floor to relieve my sadness but the position itself still brought comfort to me. "Sang, get up." Dr. Green repeats, his voice contained more power than before. I shake my head, defiant. Suddenly, I'm lifted off the ground. Too emotional drained; I let Dr. Green carry me.

When we arrive at the Nurse's office, he lays me on the bed. Within seconds I'm asleep.

Boy's POV

Dr. Green frowns at the sleeping angel. He puts her bag next to her bed than pulls out his phone to text everyone to meet him in Mr. Blackbourne's office for a family meeting. This couldn't wait. When Dr. Green arrives, Mr. Blackbourne is already there, fixated by the mess. The rest of the Academy boys follow behind Dr. Green. They all gather in the room, some standing, others sitting on the desks, chairs, or floor. None of them miss the fact that half the room had been trashed.

Dr. Green clears his throat, "We are gathered here today to discuss the matters of Sang Sorenson." Immediately the boys start talking. What's wrong with her? Silas was the most confused. "Who is Sang Sorenson?" Dr. Green smiles. "That is why we are here today. I think we should get all the information about her out in the open. She is obviously broken and needs help." 

Nathan chuckles, thinking back to this morning on the bus. "I think she can handle herself quite nicely."

"Well I think we need to get all possible information on her. Find out if Mr. Stroufield knew her," Dr. Green stares pointedly at Victor. "He did." Mr. Blackbourne cuts in. Dr. Green stares down Mr. Blackbourne. "Nice of you to finally mention her to us Owen." It was clear each boy does not want the other to know about Sang. 

"Yeah Mr. Blackbourne. How do you know Sang?" North inserts, curious as to why she was in his office earlier today. Dr. Green raises his eyebrows.

"Mr. Blackbourne, why don't you start then? What do you know about Sang? How did you meet?"

Each boy discusses their interaction with her as Mr. Blackbourne is careful to take notes. 

Afterwards, each boy ends up more stressed out than they were before and Silas is anxious to meet her. His questions are more, what does she look like? Nobody mentioned anything other than her fierceness and the fact that danger follows her like a shadow.

"Now that we have a list of objectives to figure out, I think we should look at the more pressing matter. We should have this repaired by tomorrow." The boys nod then begin planning.

Looking back on that moment, the boys realized they failed to share with the group the reoccurring name that was key to that mission. 

Mark.