3. Ricky

"You must be kidding me!"
Alex was shaking her head at me while MC was laughing her butt off.
"What do you mean? I'm not staying in here forever, Imma go out there and live my life, goodness!"
"So what does the hotel janitor has to do with it?"
"She lives here, besides she seems nice."
"Richard, you are a royal. You can't hang out with whoever comes your way! What if she is only looking to get paid?"
"I'll lost two hundred American dollars and move over! What's the big deal?"
"Don't you remember the reason we're here?"
"I don't know the reason we're here."
Alexandra bites her lower lip. Seems like she knows something I don't.
"So?" I insist.
"You're not supposed to know."
"You're still gonna tell me."
"...Fine! Mom and Dad are planning your wedding!"
WHAT?
"My...wedding? With who?"
"I don't know the girl, but they're trying to hook you up with some rich girl from here."
"So that's why we left Port-au-Prince for no reason!" explains MC.
"And why we only took one credit card for us three." I bring out, growling.

I take place in a sofa near me and sigh heavily.
"So this is why you kept wondering who was my dream wife?" I ask, sarcastic.
"Yeah, but I swear I thought you knew."
"At least I know where me and that girl stand."
I sigh again.

The tradition in royal families is that marriage is not a love thing, it is a power one. In other words, you ally your family with another one through marriage. Nonetheless, nowadays, royalty is so contested and rare there's no point for royals to force their children into an arranged wedding. Unless your name is Alexandre XII, in which case you still hold on to royalty like sweet life and you'll do anything to keep your family on the throne.

"So he wants me to marry a stranger to pay the State's debt?" I conclude.
Alexandra nods in agreement. "My thoughts exactly."
"Ugh, wish there was some way to give up on my title. Being a prince sucks."
"I hope you're not saying this thinking of mop girl." grins MC.
"I can choose my own friends, the heck with you MC!" I yell, exasperated.
"She's clearly not just a friend in your head! You can't marry some mixed girl just for her looks!" insists Marie-Claire, throwing her hands up of annoyance.
"Okay, you two, keep it low before you alert the entire place!" scowls us Alex.
"Well, I have her number anyway so I could plan something with the four of us, but since you guys don't want to..."
"I never said that!" They both scream at the same time.
"Great. I could use some sunscreen tomorrow..."

Me: How's my favorite American girl doing? 😉😎
Sent 11:51 p.m.
Jackie: Idk if the jet lag got out of your brain yet but it's not an appropriate hour to text strangers.
Me: Ik ur name, number and job so it's a great start.
Me: anyway, I would've txt earlier but u were working
Jackie: How'd u know?
Me: I'm a prince, I can know wtv
Jackie: congrats, Sherlock, mystery solved.
Jackie: gotta go 2 bed tho tyl
Me: u don't even know where we wanna go!
Jackie: u were serious about that visit thing?
Me: duh, told ya we were bored.
Jackie: fine!!!!!!!!!!
Jackie: lets say I go get you guys 2morrow at 11? Any location in mind?
Me: the beach
Jackie: sounds like a plan :) Ttyl
Me: okay, I'll leave u ur sleep
Jackie: 👌
Read 12:04 a.m.

It took me a while to fall asleep because I was way too excited for this trip. I finally wake up to my parents leaving the suite. I check my phone: 10 a.m. Ugh.
"Ricky, we're leaving!" tweets my mom with her happy voice.
"I can tell from the noise!" I moan, still getting out of bed.

I have a date, don't I?

"Look who woke up earlier this morning!" teases my sisters, giggling.

Ugh, sisters. I choose to ignore them.

"Have you seen my bathing suit?" I ask my older sister, searching in my luggage.
"No, but I'd guess the bathroom if I were you."
"Thanks for the clue." I look over my shoulder and furrow my brows together as neither Alexandra nor Marie-Claire are getting ready.

"I did tell you guys we were all going, right?"
"Did you?" teases MC. "Are you sure it's not a date?"
"We're going, Ricky." assures me Alex, rolling her green eyes at Marie-Claire. "We can't let you make a move on that girl. Dad would be pissed off for the next decade. Not to mention I am called to reign after him, which means I'll have to deal with the economical crisis following up the fact your marriage won't bring money on the table, quite the opposite actually."

I'm getting tired of all this nonsense going on here, so I turn around to face them.
"Okay, lemme get something straight: I just met the girl, it is not a date, and we're in the 21st century for God's sake! I'm not just a pawn in that power game Dad plays. So, if that rich girl doesn't please me, nobody will force me to marry her."
Marie-Claire seems convinced but my older sister looks unmoved.
"Clearly you're underestimating Father." she tells me before leaving for the bathroom.

New message
Jackie: Look for the turquoise convertible.
Sent 11:57 a.m.
Me: ???
Me: ur coming w/ ur own car?

But she doesn't answer me so I just rush downstairs with my sisters.
"She said to look for a turquoise car." I explain to my sisters, putting on my aviator shades as we walk through the lobby.

Some people have somehow figured out we're no regular people so they often take pictures of us. It's getting annoying.

We just walk past the glass doors when I hear a car honk. The three of us turn our heads toward the noise and I can't help to grin, amused, when I recognize Jackie behind Ray-Ban black sunglasses and a head scarf. She looks like she's heading for a magazine cover shoot. No, like she's modeling for a magazine behind that convertible steering wheel.

"I call shotgun!" I yell and I jog to the car's side.
I hop on the passenger seat right next to the pretty brunette and lower my sunglasses playfully.
"Well, bonjour Madame!" I greet her in French.
"Sérieusement? Vous devriez arrêter." suggests me Jackie before bursting out laughing.

Did she just told me to stop in a perfect French?
"You're west Hispaniolan?" I ask, shocked.
"No, your Highness, I just happened to have taken French classes back in school."

Marie-Claire seats in the back, but Alex is still staring at Jackie like she has grown two heads.
"Where did you get such a nice car?" she asks in disbelief.
"Oh, that old thing? I stole it from some guy last week." Jackie replies seriously.

Both MC and Alex fall into a death silence. I, on the other hand, am still not over the fact Alexandra implied Jackie can't possibly own that car.

After a few seconds, the California girl starts giggling.
"Oh my gosh! The look on your face is priceless! I seriously thought you'd call the cops!" she laughs at Alex.
"There is nothing funny about this situation." growls my sister.
"Ah, who knew royals could be so much fun to hang out with? Anywho, the car's not mine. I'm saving up for college anyway...
"I knew it." Alex muttered under her breath.
"...It's my brother's." finishes Jackie with a proud grin. "He lets me drive it once in a while."
"Wow, your brother must be rich! My best friend is all about cars and he says those models are collection now!" beams MC.
"Well thankfully, Jake is pimping old cars for a living. And when he sees babies like this one, he keeps it to himself instead of selling it." Jackie goes on explaining.

I whistle, impressed, and Alexandra FINALLY takes place in the car.
"Alright, let's get you guys to the beeeeeach!" yells Jackie while plugging her smartphone in the stereo and pressing on the Spotify app. Soon we hear the familiar voice of Nicki Minaj rapping "Starships". Jackie makes the engine roar and she presses the gas pedal.
"Yeah!" She and Marie-Claire scream at the same time.

That girl sure is full of surprises.