Age Doesn't Matter

"Stiles, I'm sorry, but this is illegal. You know that," Stiles's dad, Sheriff Stilinski, apologized.

"Dad, please! He's the only family I have other than you," Stiles pleaded.

"What about Scott? He's like your brother," his dad stated.

Stiles groaned, "I know that, but you know what I mean."

"I don't. Now this is the last time I'm saying this, Stiles. I'm not letting you date Derek Hale, a suspected criminal must I add," his father said, surprisingly calm.

Stiles glared at him. "Mom would have let me."

He then quickly disappeared into his room. Yeah, he just pulled the 'mom' card, but it was true. His mother probably would have let him. She knew what it was like to be in love at such a young age. She would have understood. Though just the thought of her made Stiles want to cry. And he did; he let it all out.

Stiles squeaked when he heard a 'tap' on his window. Knowing it was Derek, he pulled the window open and let him in.

When Derek saw Stiles's tear stained face, he frowned. "What's wrong, babe?" He asked softly, letting Stiles fall into his embrace.

"My dad--" he cried, but was interrupted by Derek.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm right here, I will never leave you. No matter who your dad is," Derek told him. He knew what Stiles's and his dad fought over. Stiles's had told him a few minutes ago that he was going to finally tell his dad about them. It obviously didn't end well.

"I love you, Derek," Stiles whispered.

Derek chuckled softly, "I love you too, my mate."

Little did they know that Stiles's father was standing outside the door. Well, Derek knew considering his wolf senses, but he didn't say anything.

Stiles's father did, in fact, know about the supernatural. And mates. He know knew that he couldn't separate the two, and if he tried, they would all be in great pain. Stiles was the only thing that Papa Stilinski had, and he couldn't ruin it now. He'd just have to get to know Derek. Maybe he'll grow to like him. Maybe one day, he can call Derek his son-in-law.

"Come on, sleepyhead. Let's get you to bed," Derek spoke softly.

By now, Stiles's dad had left, leaving the two alone.

***

The next morning was odd for both Stiles and Derek. They didn't expect to see Sheriff Stilinski cooking for all of them.

"What's going on here?" Stiles questioned.

"Just making breakfast for my son and his boyfriend," his dad told him.

"Are you okay, dad?" He asked.

The Sheriff rolled his eyes, and turned around to look at them. "I made a mistake and I'm sorry, Stiles. I have realized that age doesn't matter."

Stiles grinned widely and went to kiss Derek who turned his head to look at Stiles, making their lips meet. Stiles's dad smiled at the couple.