Chapter 4 - Damsel in Distress

"See, you don't need to be a superhero to get the girl, the right girl will bring out the hero in you."

~ Wade Wilson (Deadpool)

:Aden:

God, I hated school.

I mean – more than the average teenager. I hated school with a burning passion.

The only good thing about school was that I got to see my best friend, Tyler Thorne, again. His family went to Europe over the break, so our only contact was through text. His family was big in the world of international investments, making their fortunes off of investing in the biggest companies at the best times. It was why they traveled a lot.

I was at least glad that my family hadn't traveled this break. Perhaps they were still upset over their best friends' son being revealed as a supervillain.

Yep, you heard right. Dylan Danvers, the super villain who bullied me at school had parents that were best friends with my parents. The Danvers family wasn't doing too good as of late because of the whole super villain business.

Maybe that would be another good thing about school this time around. Dylan wouldn't be there to bully and push me around. His right hand man, Bryce, wouldn't dare try anything without Dylan. Plus, being a super villain's best friend probably didn't do much for his social image at school anyways. He wouldn't be trying anything anytime soon.

The only other good thing I could fathom about going back to school was that Ms. Solace, the administrator with a personal vendetta against Oliver Storm, was gone on a holiday. I was glad we wouldn't have to mess with her anytime soon.

I met Tyler under the Freshmen Tree before school started, like usual. Except this time I greeted him with a hug.

"Hey, man. How's it going?"

He shrugged. "Not much is happening, what about you?"

"Same. But my dad did score another interview with Kratos over the break about Inferno. It stayed in the news for a full week." I said giddily. Of course I was happy my super alternate identity was getting popular.

"Interesting, did you get to meet him?"

I shook my head. "Nah, they met at Dash Corp at like midnight on the roof. He didn't allow anyone else up there but them."

Tyler suddenly smiled conspiratorially. "I think I figured out something over the break that you're going to love."

"What?" I asked, curious.

"I think I know who Kratos is."

Woah.

"Really?" Please don't be me. Please don't be me.

"Yeah, you mind telling me where you were during the incident at finals?" He accused.

"What do you mean? I was in the auditorium with you guys like everyone else. Where else would I be?" I defended, sweat forming on my brow.

Tyler shook his head. "Sure, then why didn't I see you in there? I directed most of the people in the auditorium, and you weren't one of them. In fact, I saw you run in the same direction as Dylan the Burning Man when everyone else was doing the sensible thing and running away. So, where did you go?"

I nervously rubbed the back of my neck. Okay, so my best friend thinks he knows I am Kratos. I would just have to prove him wrong.

(How hard could it be? I mean – Olly used to do it all the time whenever his best friend, Ian, accused him of being White Lightning.)