Chapter Thirty Seven: Saika.

After school ended, everyone got out of their seats and put all their notes away. Some of R-Class put their things in their lockers at the back of classroom, while others sat there, putting things in their bags.

"Damn it." Saika said as she dropped her pencil under her table. She bent down to pick up her pencil.

"Hey Saika?" Tomohito asked. Saika jumped, hitting her head on the desk. She sat up, rubbing her head.

"H-hai?" She questioned. Tomohito chuckled.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

"Yeah." She said.

"Are you going to the festival on Saturday?" Tomohito asked.

"Festival?" Saika questioned.

"The one for the Sumi daughter." Tomohito said.

"O-oh! That! I... Yeah..." Saika sighed.

"Really?" Tomohito asked. Saika nodded. "D-did you want to m-m-me meet, I mean meet he, I mean!" Tomohito said. Saika giggled at his blabbering.

"Why so nervous?" She asked.

"I don't even know." Tomohito sighed as he scratched the back of his head. "S-so, did you want to m-meet there?" He asked. Saika blushed.

"Oh no! What do I do?! I am going because I have to, but can I meet him there?!" She thought.

"Saika?" Tomohito asked.

"S-sure!" Saika said.

"Really?" Tomohito asked. Saika nodded. "Great!" He said.

"Sugino! We're going to the bus now!" Nagisa said.

"Coming!" He said. "See you tomorrow!" He smiled to Saika before running to his friends from E-class. Saika smiled, but then it faded away.

"What now?" She asked herself.

Saika.

"Y-you're a Sumi?!"

"Tomohito, wait..."

"Why didn't you tell me you're actually part of the Sumi family?! Couldn't you trust me?!"

"N-no! Of course I could! I just-!"

"I see how it is! I'll go since you can't trust me."

"Tomohito! Wait!"

"Wait!" Saika cried out as she woke up.

"Saika?! Everything ok?!" Natsuki asked as he ran into his daughters room. Saika had tears running down her face as she breathed heavily.

"I-I'm fine." She said.

"You're crying!" Natsuki gasped. He walked to his daughter. "What's wrong?" She asked.

"Why do I have to be the oldest?!" She cried.

"Sai-Sai..." Natsuki said. He sighed as he sat on her bed. "I know how you feel." He said. Saika looked at him through her watery lilac eyes. "You like that Sugino boy. I know how you feel. When I was 15 I met your mother. I was in love with her but I couldn't tell her about being an actual Sumi, let alone the oldest." He said.

"H-how did you do it?" Saika asked as she tried to calm down.

"On the day of the festival, I managed to escape out of the house. I found your mother and told her everything. Even that I loved her. She then told me she returned my feelings. That she fell for me when we first met." Natsuki explained. He then messed his daughter's hair up. "You'll be fine kiddo. You're like your old man. You'll pull through. If he can't return your feelings and can't stand the fact you're an actual Sumi and the oldest, then he's not worthy of you." Natsuki explained. He then kissed Saika's forehead. "Now go to sleep. You have school tomorrow." He said before leaving. Saika laid back down and went onto her side.