Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen (UNEDITED)

--Kindly put your playlist here—

"Love is not an equation, it is not a contract, and it is not a happy ending. Love is the slate under the chalk, the ground that buildings rise, and the oxygen in the air. It is the place you come back to, no matter where your headed"  - Jodi Picoult

Tristan's POV

Wellington, New Zealand

"You look more and more beautiful everytime I see you." It was one in the afternoon and I was in my office facing my computer monitor, talking to Stella through Skype.

"Stop teasing me Tristan, I just woke up." She rubbed her eyes with her long slim fingers. She was in her bedroom, and wearing a satin peach robe. The belt around her waist defined its smallness.

"Where are you going?" I asked when she disappeared.

"Ooops, sorry. I'll be back in a sec, I'll just wash my face."

"Take me with you."

"Okay."

I saw her beautiful face again. Her facial bones were delicately carved, her tempting mouth full and nose exquisitely dainty. I enjoyed watching her - washing her face with her facial wash then brushing her teeth. I laughed everytime she made funny faces. I loved that she could be as playful as a girl or as composed as an intelligent woman.

"You have to take a rest. It's Sunday."

"Nah. I have nothing to do at home, no one's waiting for me."

"There's Rocky."

"HA-Ha. He's with me. Come here boy." I called my dog and he immediately ran towards me. "See? Rocky, say hello to Stella." Rocky barked and wiggled his tail.

"He's a good boy."

"Yeah. Just like me."

"OH, realllyyyy..."

I called Stella everyday and we dated twice – well, three times if that disastrous date set up by Eros counted.

Our date was more like getting to know each other, having fun, teasing and flirting. We held hands, we touched, but ended the night with kisses on cheeks. I didn't want to pressure her, especially now that I learned that she never experienced dating, kissing and getting intimate with the opposite sex - all that because of her arranged marriage with my cousin, Eros. Damn Eros.

"Six more days and I'm going to see you again."

"Yeah. Six more days."

"I can't wait."

"Me too." She replied.

"Really? Wow. You just made my day." In fact, I felt special.

"Don't forget to check the weather forecast."

"Definitely." Our last date was cancelled because of a bad weather here in New Zealand. The weekends that followed was very hectic. I had business meetings and previous commitments that I couldn't cancel.

She smiled and nodded.

"Where will you take me?"

"It's a surprise. I'm sure you will love it. Just be ready at 10 a.m. and wear comfortable clothes."

"Okay. I'm excited."

"Me too. I can't wait to see you again."

I was still smiling after my videochat with Stella. I was caught off guard when my stepmother came inside my office.