☙38❧

We settled into an abandoned hotel a few hours ago, just fifteen minutes outside of Blood Moon Falls.

I had just finished making my rounds of scoping the entire perimeter with Maddox when Grandfather called me into the ballroom on the walkie. I held up my own and replied, "On my way. Over." then nodded at Maddox who grinned, "Good luck!"

Waiting for me in the ballroom was Ian, my grandparents, and a man who I recognized as one of the stronger men that took on the role of a bodyguard for my family. When i entered the room, Grandmother smiled, "There she is!" holding out her arms so that I could walk into them. I smiled as she placed a kiss on my head then we looked at Grandfather.

"Alright, Thea. It's time. You and Alvin," he nodded to the bodyguard who nodded his head at me as a greeting, "Will be seeking out the alpha. Remember... only you are to kill the alpha and you must try to get him alone if possible. Kill all those in her way, Alvin. Thea has to do this on her own."

"Yes, Master Ray."

Grandfather motioned me closer to hug me and smiled, "I'll see you when you get back."

I nodded, smiling then glanced at Ian who grinned at me. He pulled me to him, pressing a hard kiss onto my mouth and pulled back with a wink to say that when I got back, we'd be celebrating more in private. My blush as I glanced at the others didn't bother them and i nudged Ian who laughed before letting me go.

Now, I was seated in the passenger seat of the vehicle that had been left at the hotel warehouse. Alvin was wearing sunglasses and scoping out the scenery in front of us as we waited patiently for any sign of a Were.

Shaking my head, I muttered that we weren't going to get anything done with us just sitting here.

"What do you suggest exactly?" Alvin asked low, not turning my way.

I raised a brow, unbuckling my seat belt and shoved my door open so that he followed suit. I explained that we were going to have to get spotted somehow.

"The Weres are going to be wary of newcomers, right? So with us being spotted, then that means the alpha will get word if he's not already nearby."

After walking for fifteen minutes near the gas station that was a little near the edge of the town but close enough to the "Welcome to Blood Moon Falls" sign where we left the car, Alvin stopped me with a hand on my forearm. I frowned, looking up at him when he nodded in a specific direction.

I turned to see a man and a woman walking towards the gas station after getting out of the vehicle they arrived in. The woman looked distressed and was inaudibly speaking to the man who sighed and nodded something back before i guess telling her to wait outside since he went into the gas station alone.

Tilting my head, i narrowed my eyes at how familiar this woman looked. Where had I seen her?

She had brown hair tied back in a pony tail and her brown eyes stared down at the ground. She kept hugging herself tightly as if worried. Oddly enough, I was curious as to why, and wondered if maybe she was associated with the Weres.

I hadn't noticed that she glanced up in our direction and then did a double take with wide eyes and let her mouth hang open.

"Thea?!"

I frowned, stepping back a bit as Alvin stood partially in front of me. The woman's watery eyes stared at me as she moved forward and swallowed happily, "Thea, it's me! Aunt Penny!"

I sneered, shaking my head that I didn't have any other aunt except for my Aunt Donna. The woman's eyes widened again, her lips parting as she gasped, "The Elixir..." which made me wonder how she knew of it. I'd never seen her before.