Chapter 30

Christmas. What a dreadful time of the year... Or at least for me it is. I look over at Sherlock who is playing his violin.

It's been a little over the month since the wedding. It's been a little over a month since we announced our feelings for each other. It's also been a little over a month since the last time I slept in a bed alone.

I look out the window at the falling snow. Somehow Sherlock and I were nominated to host Christmas.

Fun!

I decide to start decorating like I was told. I let Sherlock be as I do so.

***
Fairy lights are strung up around the window frame. It's also snowing outside. Inside, the living room is festooned with Christmas decorations and cards, and Sherlock is walking around playing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" on his violin. Mrs Hudson is sitting in his chair with a glass in her hand, watching him happily. Lestrade is standing at the entrance to the kitchen holding a wine glass. I stand in the corner opposite of Lestrade. I hold a beer bottle in my hands as Sherlock finishes the tune with a fancy flourish. Lestrade whistles in appreciation.

"Lovely! Sherlock, that was lovely!" Miss Hudson cheers. Sherlock bows and as he does so, he peeks up at me making me smile.

"I wish you could have worn the antlers!" Hudson says.

"Some things are best left to the imagination, Mrs Hudson," Sherlock replies.

"Hey," I mumble to Sherlock as he walks in my direction. "We should have a guest-"

"Oh, dear Lord," Sherlock mutters as Molly walks in, smiling shyly and carrying two bags.

----------
"Hello, everyone. Sorry, hello," Molly apologizes. I walk her way to greet her.
"Er, it said on the door just to come up." Sherlock roles his eyes.

"Oh, everybody's saying hello to each other. How wonderful," he says. Smiling at him nervously, Molly starts to take her coat and scarf off.

"I'll get it ... Damn Mary!" I say in surprise. Lestrade gawps in similar appreciation as Molly reveals that she's wearing a very attractive black dress.

"Having a Christmas drinkies, then?" Molly asks.

"No stopping them, apparently." Sherlock says.

"It's the one day of the year where those two have to be nice to me, so it's almost worth it!" Hudson cheers. I smile, enjoying the atmosphere.

***

"How's the hip?" Molly questions.

"Ooh, it's atrocious, but thanks for asking," Hudson responds.

"I've seen much worse, but then I do post-mortems," Molly tries to joke. I choke on my drink. An awkward silence falls. Molly looks embarrassed. "Oh, God. Sorry."

"Don't make jokes, Molly," Sherlock demands in a small voice.

"No. Sorry," Molly apologized again. Lestrade hands her a glass of red wine.
"Thank you. I wasn't expecting to see you. I thought you were gonna be in Dorset for Christmas."

"That's first thing in the morning, me and the wife. We're back together. It's all sorted," Lestrade mumbles back. He grins at her. I look up between the two.

"Mmmm, no. P.E. Teacher?" I question mostly go myself.

"No, she's sleeping with a P.E. teacher," Sherlock says, agreeing with me, but he doesn't look up from his computer.

***

A/N: Short, I know. Forgive me.
-AM