Chapter Two

A/N: It's Wednesday, which means, update! So, here is the second chapter of the story. The female protagonist is introduced and guess what? She meets our handsome guy in this chapter.

Well, I write so much but still wattpad shows only two pages at the max and that pisses me off. Hopefully my next chapters would be longer. 

Please vote, comment AND fan. I need your love people, I need it badly. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brooke's POV

My throat felt dry, my head was throbbing with pain and my eyes were heavy. I could hear muffled voices and someone crying, probably a woman. Wait, she sounded like my mom. But why was she crying? I wanted to reach out to her but wasn’t able to move a muscle.

Slowly, everything I was able to hear was being tuned out by my brain.

No, I want to wake up, I want to open my eyes

And just like that, I fell back into unconsciousness. 

~~~

I could feel a cold yet comforting hand on my forehead, the touch which I could never forget, my mother’s.

“Why isn’t she waking up? She has been unconscious since the past 18 hours” Mom’s broken voice came out.

“She suffered a head injury Mrs. Evans, to make sure that there is no internal injury and to heal her wounds, we deliberately put the patient in a comatose state. This will give her body the time it needs to heal. Don’t worry, she’ll wake up soon.” The doctor replied.

After that, I heard footsteps leaving the room and for a long time I couldn’t hear anything as the room was silent, I could only feel my mom’s soft hands petting my forehead. I wanted to open my eyes and comfort her. I wanted to tell her that she doesn’t need to worry about me. But again all my efforts to wake up went in vain.

“How is she?” A voice snapped me out of my mother’s loving touch.

“I don’t know, the only thing doctor is saying is, she’ll be awake soon.” Mom spoke, her voice cracking.

“My baby didn’t do anything bad, ever. She is a lovely girl, why did it happen to her.” She broke into sobs.

“Don’t worry Kate, you yourself said earlier that she is a fighter. She is going to be fine. If the doctors say that she’ll wake up soon, then she will. Now, come with me to the cafeteria and eat something. You don’t want her to wake up and find that you starved yourself the whole day. Would you? She’ll be just fine.”

That voice sounded so familiar I wondered who it was, taking care of my mother and comforting her in her pain. I wanted to wake up, thank the person, but I could again feel myself slipping. The last thing I felt was a light kiss being place on my forehead.

~~~

I opened my eyes only to shut them tightly again because of the bright light. Trying again, I slowly opened them and found a nurse near the monitor, writing something on her clipboard.

She heard the beeping that indicated my heartbeat escalate and looked in my direction, giving me a small smile when she realized that I was awake. 

“Good, you are awake. Don’t worry about a thing, you are safe here. I’ll just call in Dr Collins.” The nurse said.

Five minutes later, I was sitting up on the hospital bed while a light was being thrown into my eyes by Dr Collins who, I got to know have been attending me since I came here, which, as told me was 34 hours.

“Now Brooke, tell me what’s the last thing you remember?” Dr Collins asked me.

I looked at my mom who gave me a small smile and nodded for me to speak something.

“I dropped off my cousin to the airport, then. Umm, I can’t remember.” I said while pressing my forehead between my thumb and forefinger.

“Take a deep breath honey and tell us what you did after dropping off Susan.” Mom said

I took in a deep breath and continued “Okay. After the airport I went to my friend Isla’s to pick up my bridesmaid's dress. I stayed there till 12:30 am and after that I left for my apartment. I was driving and all of a sudden a truck came from the opposite side, I knew that the driver tried to stop but he couldn’t, most probably due to the snow. The last thing I remember is the truck hitting the front of my car. Nothing after that.” By the time I finished, I had tears in my eyes because I felt scared processing what happened to me and what could have happened. I could see the same fear in my mother’s eyes. 

“I see. The cops say that the truck driver hit a rough patch of ice and went out of control. You should thank Mr. Davis for finding you on time. For now, you can talk to your mother and I’ll send a nurse with the painkillers after some time. Okay?” With a final smile, Dr Collins got up and left.

Mom sat beside me on the bed and hugged me tightly.

“Ouch mom, my shoulder hurts” Mom pulled back with a worried expression.

“Oh honey, I am so sorry. Are you fine?”

I chuckled a bit but God, my ribs hurt, “I am fine mom, don’t worry. I am absolutely fine.”

I was reminded of the guy the doctor mentioned so I decided to ask mom that who was he.

“Umm, mom, could you tell me who Mr. Davis is?”

“Oh, Brandon? He is such a sweetheart. He was driving behind the truck and found you. He took my number from your cell phone and called me. You know what? He has not left the hospital premises since you were brought in, until now.”

“Brandon?” I asked as I narrowed my eyes a bit.

Mom nodded

That familiar voice, the name. Maybe it’s just my mind playing games with me.

“Can I meet him? I want to thank him for bringing me here” I continued

“Oh, you can meet him soon, I was going to your apartment to bring your clothes but he insisted to do so.”

“Wait, so he -” before I could finish, a guy carrying my backpack was standing at the door, wide eyed. He was just as I remembered-and remember him I did. He was the guy who made my life hell years back. By some freaky coincidence, he ended up saving me 36 hours previously.

If I ever had any doubt earlier, it had now vanished.

Fate was a sadistic bitch...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So... how did you find this chapter? Do you want to know what exactly happened between both of them?

Again, please vote and comment. 

Till next wednesday!

xD