Chapter 12

Taehyung's P.O.V

We all sat in awkward silence at the restaurant Jimin had taken us to. I thought we were headed to practice, but instead we'd pulled into the lot of an unfamiliar food place. I ordered japchae without a thought. Not realizing my mistake until Jimin gave me a glance.

"That's V's favorite food," he commented with a smile. "But I guess cousin's tend to like the same dishes."

I gave him a half-hearted smile before digging in. He had been bringing up the word "cousins" a lot more than what seemed necessary. But I decided to ignore it. Nabi ordered plain noodles, and I tried not to give her too suspicious of a look, praying Jimin wouldn't comment.

"Plain...? I guess your stomach really is bothering you." But he did.

We both shared a look, not responding to Jimin. Act like nothing's wrong. I tried to tell her. But that was a difficult task to accomplish with mere facial expressions. We ate in silence, while Jimin made random comments every now and then, obviously trying to make conversation.

"This is pretty salty," he said at one point. "Guess we should have listened to Jin." Sighing when no one replied.

Needless to say, it was the longest hour of my life. I was so relieved when we agreed to leave for practice. When we arrived at Namjoon's house, our usual practice meet-up, I hopped out of the car and began heading around back; we always went through the back door, since our practice room was in the back. I stopped suddenly when Nabi coughed. I wasn't supposed to know where I was going. Casually turning my head, I pretended to be taking a look around. Thanks, Nabi.

"Come this way." Jimin walked by me, giving me a strange look.

Nabi came up to me and, we walked behind him.

"Thanks," I whispered to her.

She shrugged in reply. I frowned, getting annoyed with her quiet attitude. We walked through the back door to where everyone had already gathered.

"Of course you're together, why else would you both be late?" Suga frowned in annoyance as we walked in.

"Uh. Who are you?" Jungkook noticed me first.

I sighed, annoyed at seeing my friends act like this.

"Nabi. I'm V's cousin." I gave a slight bow to them all.

Nabi was quiet next to me. I elbowed her arm. My arm.

"Oh, uh. Jimin invited her to watch us practice," She explained carefully.

"Jimin. You know that's not our thing," Namjoon said.

"I know, but--"

"We can make an exception for Tae's cousin," Jin insisted.

He gave me a warm smile, which I tried to return. But I was still so uncomfortable with being treated like this. So it probably came out as a grimace.

"You can sit next to me." Jungkook patted the spot next to him.

"I think she would be more comfortable sitting next to someone she knows more," Jimin disagreed.

"Well, Nabi, I guess you should sit next to me then," Hoseok spoke up.

Namjoon brought a hand up to his face and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Just sit wherever so we can start." He glared at the quarreling members.

I grabbed Nabi's/my arm and sat in the closest spot. Next to Jungkook. I pulled her down beside me.

"Okay. Then let's begin."