Promises and bitter ends

Alex pov

My best friend and I walked until we were far from the guys, far from buses. Far enough that no one could bother us.

"Thanks for saving my ass" I said breaking the silence. Jack stopped and turned.

"Saving you? Dude I should of left you to be punched in the face. I only did it because we need a front man for the show. Alex what has gotten into you?"

Okay so Jack was actually mad.

"Nothing has." I mumbled

"No that's a lie. That's all you seem to be doing Lying." He paused.
"What did Clare even tell you ?"

"She came crying to me and said that Steph told her that Im like you ,I just sleep around."

He rose an eye brow.
"So ? isn't that what your doing? why did Clare say that you told Steph to stop talking shit. If in reality it's true.?"

I groaned. "I never said that to Steph. That, Clare did made up"

"This doesn't make sense Alex. what actually happened and why are you even with Clare? you don't even like her"

I looked at my best fiend who was waiting for me to answer. He should know the truth. I did tell him I was getting back at Steph. Clearly his head was in the clouds,

"Alex!"

"Ugh! Clare thinks we're dating or something. So Im kind of  using that to my advantage. I mean, Steph is jealous."

"God Alex! your still doing this?! she's dating Vic, leave them alone. Get over her and move on. She has."

I was getting annoyed. She wasn't allowed to move on. Steph can't move on, I know she doesn't like Vic that way. She never liked anyone that way.

"That's funny, if she moved on then why did we have sex"

Jack froze. His eyes darkened.
"you what? how did this?"

"Simple. I went over and told her to stop talking shit to Clare and next thing you know we're in a bunk. Jack, Steph can't love. She only pulls guys along. it's only a matter of time before she does it to Vic. I'm only giving her a piece of her own medicine."
I crossed my arms over my chest, satisfied with my work.

"Alex the only medicine your giving is poison. Your jealous and now your ruining their relationship. Take it from your best friend. Stop fucking around with people emotions. I know you love her but stop. Just promise me you'll stop."

Now I was pissed. How dare my own best friend , my brother. Be against what I was doing?. I don't love her, she broke me. She took ever love I could ever give and ran with it.

"Alex?"

"I don't love her" I scowled

"Alex promise me?"
"I don't .,,"

"Alex shut up and promise you'll leave them alone"

I took a deep breath, rolling my eyes and sighed.
"Fine, I'll stop. Happy?"

"Actually yes. Now lets go play some video games before sound?" Jack smiled widely and walked off towards our bus.