Trouble

The sound of my stomach growling woke me up nearly thirty minutes before my alarm was due to go off, and even though every fiber in my being told me to go back to bed it was something my stomach did not want to allow. Rolling out of bed I quickly readied myself for school before shuffling down the stairs and into the kitchen where I was greeted, or rather assaulted, with the image of my youngest brother and his lady friend Cat, sharing a morning kiss...which wouldn't have been nearly so scarring had she been wearing anything other than a button down dress shirt of his from the previous day.

"Oh Geesh!" I nearly squealed in terror dramatically covering my eyes as Cat jumped behind the counter attempting to camouflage the fact that she was without pants.

"What are you doing up so early?" Nick asked shocked and slightly irritated by my untimely intrusion.

"I was hungry," I stated grabbing a bowl from the cabinet, "So I figured I would come to the kitchen and get something to eat. I was not aware this was a room for special hugs and no pants...sorry." I said irritated. Cat's cheeks reddened with embarrassment as Nick's nostrils flared.

"Enough Cecelia," he said, his tone sharp. I held my tongue deciding I'd rather not be grounded before breakfast and poured myself a bowl of cereal before sitting down at the counter. Cat sheepishly excused herself and left the kitchen, Nick's glare immediately turning to me when she left.

"What is wrong with you?" he seethed.

"ME?" I spat, "Nothing is wrong with me, I just think it's a little inappropriate for her to be walking around with no pants...in your shirt no less. I mean, why not just advertise that you were having sex, that's a perfectly healthy example to set for me."

"What I do is NONE of your business," He argued, seeming near his breaking point as his hand balled into a fist at his side.

"AGREED, so keep your BUSINESS in your room and preferably off the countertops 'cause that is seriously unsanitary," I spat. Nick's eyes turned almost black and I was suddenly aware that I may have taken it a tad too far. Thankfully it was at that moment that Joe entered the scene.

"You better watch your mouth and your attitude." Nick spat before turning on his heels and out of the kitchen. Joe cocked a brow at me.

"What did you do?" he questioned confused.

"Just sharing my opinion of sanitary practices with Nicholas," I sneered. Joe stared at me in confusion before simply shrugging and grabbing his morning paper. Rolling my eyes, I put my bowl in the sink before flinging my backpack over my shoulder and walking out the door; anywhere had to be better than the uncomfortable situation at the house. My walk to school only seemed to give me time to stew on the morning's events landing me in a fine mood as I stepped onto campus grounds; making my way to the center courtyard I sat down on a bench and retrieved a book from my backpack, Sylvia Plath.

"I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again." A smooth voice whispered over my shoulder breaking my concentration. I smirked recognizing the quote and turned to see a strikingly handsome boy with hair and eyes the color of dark chocolate...yummy. CLEARLY the new guy.

"Typical Chilton boy," I said simply playing it coy.

He smirked and cocked a brow walking around the bench to take a seat beside me. "And why would you say that?"

"Rich...privileged, thinking he is so important that the entire world revolves around him," I said taking a jab at his lyrical attempt to impress, it brought yet another smirk to his lips.

"Kiss me and you will see how important I am." He retorted, again quoting my favorite author, I smiled.

"You get points for the Plath quotes," I said returning my eyes to my book.

"Josh..." He stated simply, extending his hand. I nodded my head in acknowledgment making no attempt to accept his gesture.

"CeCe...you must be the new boy." Tearing my eyes from my book I gave him a once over. "You don't look like trouble."

A soft chuckle escaped his lips as they curled into a smile. "My reputation precedes me."

"That is hardly something to be proud of." I said rolling my eyes at his arrogance.

"Alright, since you already know so much about me, why don't you tell me about you?" he suggested, his tone clearly condescending.

I closed my book tucking it into my backpack. "Fine, nutshell version...My parents are dead, I have three older brothers, my favorite color is green, I have a boyfriend and zero tolerance for bullshit."

Josh nodded, "Hrmm....I'm really more of a blue guy..." He stated with a smirk. His charm was undeniable, and the fact that he stayed toe to toe with me in wit only made him that much more attractive. Morgan was right, he was hot...and trouble.

-----

Please click that little star button and leave me your thoughts below!