Chapter 35: Interest

Before I left for school, Isis and I were in the kitchen eating pancakes and drinking hot chocolate. My dad came in with his suit on and greeted the both of us. He gave Isis a kiss on the head and looked at me.

"Things are alright?" he asked me. I nodded.

"Good." he said. "We can talk about it later." I sighed and after I finished eating, I dropped Isis off at school and then Cleo. I got to school pretty early even though it was snowing a little. I put my coat in my locker and got my books out. As I started heading to History I saw Sabrina standing by the gym waiting.

I walked up to her and gave her a hug, "Hey, you have gym this period?" I asked her.

"No." she said "I was waiting for Isaac. He spilled juice on his shirt so he has to change into his gym shirt." she said.

"Oh. I'll see you later." I told her as I walked off. When I got to class, a majority of the class was there and I had a seat. Miss Perry passed out manila folders to everyone after a while and it was packed with the initial research we did on out projects. When everyone arrived she began the class.

"Are you guys excited to see who you are partnered up with?" she asked us all. She received mixed emotions about it. I didn't really care, I just wanted to get it over with.

"Everyone is grouped in either twos or threes. There is an option to work alone but I do recommend that you work in the groups or pairs I place you in." she said.

She cleared her throat and started reading out groups. The second group she called was, "Renee, Allie and Devon."

Then she called,. "Amir and Justin." they slapped hands and made a whole bunch of noise, "Don't make me change my mind." Miss Perry said.

She continued speaking and put Tiffany, Tiara and Autumn in a group. I looked at Tiffany's face and saw how angry she was and Tiara looked mad too. Isaac, Jamie and Austin were put in a group together and then I heard my name.

"Pharaoh, Andrew and Heaven." Miss Perry said.

That didn't surprise me at all. When I looked at the topic she had a few weeks ago I knew we were going to be placed together. But Andrew, he doesn't do shit_, why is he in our group?

I didn't even look in her direction, I didn't want to see how disappointed she was going to be and all the ugly faces she would make when she found out I was in a group with her.

"I need everyone to get in their groups and share what you have been working on so far." Miss Perry said. Heaven turned around and looked at me and I started moving my desk over to Andrew's. He was leaning back in his chair.

"I'm not about to do this." he said chewing his gum wildly.

"Everyone in your group must participate because it is a group grade." Miss Perry said right on cue. I looked at Andrew's thin manila folder. It's like he only did two of the assignments. Heaven pulled her desk over and I rolled my eyes and sighed. All of the other groups got right to work while we sat here.

"I'm about to ask Miss P to work alone." Andrew said.

"Yes, please." Heaven said rolling her eyes.

"I told you that your rude." I said to her as I stretched.

"One of the many things about me you don't like. How nice of you to share." she said sarcastically.

I snickered, "Don't make me pop off on you." I said sitting up as Andrew went to talk to Miss Perry. After a while, he came back and moved his stuff and told us he was working alone.

"You don't do shit_ anyway." I said to him. That didn't affect us....us. That means I have to work on this project with this girl. This girl who told her wack ass_ boyfriend I put my hands on her.