Remedial Goodness

A/N: Thank you so much for 12k reads!!! That's absolutely amazing! We're almost to 500 favorites too which is just as exciting!! ~ You guys rock ;D

       The Descendants sat in Remedial Goodness 101 the next morning; a class designed just for them. A bunch of villains kids sitting, listening to one of the poster figures for goodness teach them about right from wrong.

       "If someone hands you a crying baby, do you (A) Curse it (B) Lock it in a tower (C) Give it a bottle (D) Carve out its heart?" The Fairy Godmother asked, pointing her stick to each answer written on the chalkboard behind her. Jay and Carlos were at one desk and Mal and Evie sat at the one beside theirs. Hesper was seated at her own desk to Evie and Mal's right.

       Evie shot her hand up into the air instantly. "Evie," The Fairy Godmother called on her, smiling.
       "What was the second one?" she asked innocently, lowering her hand back down.
       Fairy Godmother's smile faltered a bit, but she made sure to keep a strong front, only shaking her head slightly, before continuing with the lesson of the day. "Oh okay. Anyone else?" Her eyes scanned the room landed on Hesper gazing out the window, who was silently wishing for time to pass quicker so that Remedial Goodness would be over. "Hesper."
       Hesper snapped her attention over to the Fairy Godmother. "I haven't heard you speak the entire class. What do you think the answer is?" Fairy Godmother pointed to the board behind her, moving to the side slightly to allow Hesper to read the potential answer.
       Hesper's eyes quickly perused the answers written on the board. If she was at Dragon Hall the answer was probably amongst A, B, or D. But this was Auradon. And it was pretty clear that the two worlds didn't exactly function parallel. So, really, the choice was obvious.
       "C. Give it a bottle," Hesper answered definitively, her tone bored sounding, as a small yawn escaped her lips.
       Fairy Godmother smiled fondly at Hesper when she heard the daughter of the Lord of the Underworld respond with the correct answer. Perhaps there was real hope in the proclamation after all. "Correct, Hesper. Well done."
       "How'd you know that?" Carlos asked her, curious. He knew for a fact that's not what he would have said. Why on Earth would you give a baby a bottle?
        Hesper rolled her eyes slightly at his child-like ignorance. "I just picked the one that didn't sound like any fun," she explained vaguely as looked down at her long slender black nails.
        "Oh," Carlos said, dragging the 'o' out, as realization hit him.
        "That makes so much sense," Evie whispered to herself.

        A girl with short brown hair and a light blue dressed shyly walked into the room. She hurried past the villain kids, letting out a shrill squeak as she passed their desks then shuffled her feet up to the front of the room where Fairy Godmother was smiling just as wide as usual. "Hello, dear one," Fairy Godmother greeted warmly, as she bent her knees ever so slightly, her hands placed gently over them.
       The girl handed her a clipboard. Hesper looked closely and happened to notice that she was physically shaking, allowing a small smirk to appear on her pale face as she watched the frail brunette. "You need to sign off an early dismissal for the coronation." Her eyes didn't leave the villain kids once, mostly fearful that they might try and put some terrible hex on her.
       "Everyone here remembers my daughter Jane?" The headmistress said, signing the form.
       "Mom!"
       "It's okay. Jane this is everyone," her mother said, pushing Jane forward, towards the descendants who were staring right back at her.
       "That's okay," Jane said, her voice quivering as she spoke. "Don't mind me. As you were." She squealed once again as she passed their desks on her way out of the classroom.
      "Let's continue," The Fairy Godmother said clearing her throat to bring the descendants back to reality,  turning to the board. "You find a vial of poison. Do you; A) Put it in the Kings wine? B) Paint it on an apple?" Evie laughed quietly, a large grin set on her pretty features. Mal and Hesper couldn't help themselves and smiled along with her. "Or C) Turn it over to the proper authorities?"
       Evie, Jay, and Carlos's hands shot up like lighting. Using his brute strength, Jay pulled Carlos's arm down to try and keep him from answering the question. "Jay." Fairy Godmother said, pointing her stick at him.
        "C. You turn it over to the proper authorities," Jay answered arrogantly, releasing his grip on Carlos' arm and draping it lazily over the back of his chair, which he had turned around earlier in the class so it was facing his front.
         Carlos frowned slightly; disappointed that he didn't get to answer and lightly slapped Jay's upper bicep, "I was gonna say that."
        "Oh, but I said it first," Jay mocked him in a voice that was somewhere in between a baby voice and a puppy voice. He thrust his right arm around Carlos, grabbing him in a headlock and began rubbing his fist firmly into his scalp.
        The girls did nothing to stop the scene, mainly because it was a rather normal thing back on the Isle; so nothing was out of the ordinary in their minds. Evie checked herself in the magic mirror puckering her lips out, Mal continued her drawing of the Fairy Godmother's wand, and Hesper quickly got bored quickly and shifted her gaze outside the window, absentmindedly fiddling with her fingers.
       "Boys," Fairy Godmother tapped her pointing stick against podium to try and get their attention, but the boys hadn't heard it and kept fighting. "Boys!" she shouted, tapping the podium, louder this time. This time she had gotten the boys attention. They stopped-mid strangling each other-and looked up at her. "I am gonna encourage you to use that energy, on the Tourney field."
       "Oh no, that's okay," Carlos told her as Jay slowly sat himself up, slightly intrigued. Carlos shook his head. He wasn't the most athletic of people and anything that had the word 'field' in it, didn't sound good. "Whatever that is, we'll pass.