n i n e

I walked in to my first class, RE. I sat at the back and a kid sat next to me. He pulled his hood down. It was Cry!

"Hey Cry." I smiled.

"Hey." He said, gently and calmly. "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay, thanks. How are you?" I asked, getting my book out of my bag.

"Don't worry about me." Cry said and looked down.

"What's wrong?" I asked, worried.

"I just... I feel nothing. No emotion. No pain. I get beaten up for being 'weird'. I feel no pain as their fists hit my skin. I don't cry. I just take it all in." Cry explains. "I got hit this morning."

Deep

"Woah. I'm sorry." I said.

"Don't be sorry. I'm used to it." Cry whispers now as the teacher talks.

"Why did you tell me all this?" I asked.

"I trust you Jack." Cry said.

"Cry! Jack! Shush!" The teacher shouted at us.

-time skip-

It was break and I went to the cafeteria with Cry to find Mark, Felix, Marzia, Ken, Phil and Dan. We saw them and sat down. I sat next to Dan and Mark. Cry sat opposite me, next to Ken.

"Guys, this is Cry, my friend." I said. Everyone greeted him.

"Thought about him or not?" Dan whispered to me.

"I haven't." I whispered back, lying.

"Good." Dan said louder. Dan greeted Cry and talked to him alone with Felix, Phil, Marzia and Ken.

"Hey Markimoo." I leaned on him.

"Hey Jackaboi." Mark smiled. Cry looked at me. I looked at him. He looked...jealous? Cry turned back to everyone else to talk. I got up and hugged Mark.

"You okay?" Mark asked.

"I just missed you." I said. Mark hugged back and I looked at Cry. He was staring at me, still talking to everyone.