Bonus Chapter 1/2

Miracle and Chante are my girls, @MillieVanilli and @TrueDepth.

ROD hasn't cheated since the beginning of Rod's Temptation. After Mariah left him, he STOPPED. Some of you are probably confused.. Rod was telling Mariah about the FIRST time he cheated, not anything that happened previously. (Epilogue)

For this chapter, cry, scream, shout. I'm warning you.. it's a lil emotional.

And yes.. this is the first chapter of the next book in the series.

___________________________

Deadly Temptation: Wedding Bells

July 12, 1999

(Miracle)

"I told you don't be comin' in my room, Tinks." Ty shouted as he searched for his basketball in his room, "What chu do wit my ball?"

"I don't know!" I sobbed as he continued to shout at me. The last time I remember having it was when I was kicking it in the yard, now it was gone.

The door was pushed open to reveal Chez, spinning the basketball on his pointer finger, "Found it."

He threw it to Ty who grinned before Ty turned to me with a frown.

He squatted in front of me, wiping my constant tears, "I'm sorry, sis."

Tears only fell faster as he sighed before Chez spoke up.

"I'll make sure she's okay, go make sure Creg didn't steal the court again."

Ty glanced at me before he nodded, he trusted Chez more than anything. He picked up the ball off the ground before standing up and walking out of the room.

Chez sat next to me on the bed, wrapping his arms around my shoulder. Twelve year old Sanchez was always there for me while I was only ten.

"You ok?" He asked.

I shrugged trying to wipe my tears. He sighed using his shirt to wipe my face.

"I hate when you cry, Millie." He pulled his shirt from my eyes, "Ty didn't mean to yell, he was just mad."

I nodded, wiping my eyes again.

"You'll be okay?" He asked, standing up.

"Mhmm," I nodded, standing up too, "Thank you, Chez!"

I hugged him, though he was so much taller than me. He hugged me back before I let go.

He picked up his hat before smiling at me, "Love you, Millie."

August 26, 2013

"I'm supposed to be yo date?" Chez asked as he continued to bounce the ball in his hands.

"Yeah. C'mon, Chez, your the only one I can get to go." Miracle sighed, she had asked her boyfriend, Jody but not even he would attend the wedding with her.

"Get to go where?" Ty asked as he walked into his living room where his sister and best friend were sitting.

"Mariah's wedding." Miracle asked as Chez sat the ball beside him on the couch.

Ty licked his lips as an image of Mariah popped into his head, "I'll go wit chu."

"She don't like you, Ty. You already know she damn well don't want you at her wedding." Miracle responded as her phone vibrated.

Jody:

Ya girls over here

Miracle already knew he was talking about Chante and Mariah. She texted back with a 'I'm on my way'. Her and Jody had been together for about nine months, he wasn't living with her but he stayed over often.

"Why you need a date anyway? Just go by yoself." Chez told her.

"Ask that Jaden nigga." Ty said as he flipped through the channels, trying to find something to watch.

"It's Jody, you know that, Ty." Miracle complained.

"Mhmm." Ty nodded his head, before Mir turned to Chez.

"You comin'?" She asked while he shrugged.

"I'll see, Millie." She shook her head, standing up.

"Bye, Tinks." Ty said as he stood, giving his sister a hug before she left out the house. On the way home.

(At Miracle's Home)

"The hell you lookin' at?" Jody said, turning his head from the TV, looking at Chante and Mariah.

"She ain't looking at you." Mariah said, standing up from the small table. They were still doing little stuff to decorate her wedding tomorrow.

Jody just shook his head muttering a "bitch" under his breath.

Jody did nothing, he would lay on the couch and watch TV all day until Miracle came home. To Mariah, he was only using his girl for a place to stay. Since Miracle never listened, all she could do was be there when he broke her heart.

The front door was pushed open, Jody standing up to as Miracle walked in.

Jody grabbed her purse, sitting it on the couch as he kissed her cheek, whispering something into her ear. Mir nodded, giggling before Jody walked upstairs.

She took a seat on the couch, looking at some of the last minute seating charts Mariah was trying to arrange.

"Just let everybody sit where they wanna seat." Chante sighed. Mariah wanted everything planned out for her wedding.

Mariah bit on her pen lightly, "What if Jasmine and Ms. Johnson sit next to each other.."

After hearing about the affair with Jasmine and Rod, Ms.Johnson didn't like Jasmine at all, she was still disappointed in her son.

"Then let em' sit next to each other." Miracle replied, knowing her aunt, Ms. Johnson would just have to deal with it.

Mariah dragged her hands across her face. Everything was stressing her out. She still hadn't got her wedding dress and Rod already had his tux, his hair cut, everything that was his responsibility was done.

She looked at her watch, it was 4:28. She put the binder with her wedding arrangements down.

"I need my dress." Mariah looked at both Chante and Miracle who had matching frowns on their face.

"You didn't get the dress.." Chante sighed, closing her eyes. There was so much to do in little time.

The day they went to Wedding Bells, the dress shop, they had got the dresses for the bride maids but not the dress for the bride.

"I didn't like it!" Mariah protested. Their was a white, long, strapless dress that Mariah had chose.. Only to put the dress back, it just didn't look right on her.

Miracle and Chante stood up--it was time to find a dress before it was too late.

"I look...fat." Mariah groaned as she turned to the side, looking in the mirror.

"You look great." The woman helping them told her, Stacy, "The color looks good against your skin."

Mariah raised a perfectly arched eyebrow as she lifted the dress a little. The dress was a creamy color, it fit her stomach tight, their was no way she could lose a couple of pounds in a day. She didn't like the matching vail, the dress formed a V-cut, giving out a little cleavage.

After her pregnancy, she still had a little stomach and tucking it in for awhile wouldn't work.

"Look at this." Chante said, walking in with another dress.

Mariah took the dress, holding it up against her body as she looked in the mirror. She walked into a dressing room, zipping off the other dress and putting on the new one.

She opened the door, going back to the mirror. She liked it, it was better than all the others..

She turned to Miracle, Chante and Stacy, "How does it look?"

*****************************************

Miracle stepped one foot out of the car and froze, Ty, Chez, Jody, and some girl were in her front yard. But the worst thing about it, Ty was laying punches against Jody's jaw while Chez tried his hardest to pull him off.

"Ty!" Miracle shouted, jumping out the car.

Jody continued to take the punches while trying to pull Ty's balled up hands from his shirt.

"Nigga, get up!" Chez continued to scream while Miracle's neighbors started to come out. The unknown woman held her hands to her mouth as she cried but that's when Miracle took in their appearance.

The woman only wore a robe, her robe while Jody was only in boxers.

Miracle could hear the sounds of cop cars while she just watched Ty continue to beat on the man she started to fall in love with.

"Ty, man! The cops on the way! You wanna go to jail!" Chez shouted at her brother as he pulled Ty off of Jody.

Jody tried to calm his breathing, his white shirt covered in dirty and grass stains.

Jody continued to cough against the ground, holding his stomach. The woman continued to cry, watching the scene.

"Ty? What'd you do?" Miracle asked, just noticing the warm tears falling down her face.

"He fucked her, Tinks!" Ty screamed as he pointed to the female while Chez continued to hold him back, "I saw it!"

Just as she opened her mouth to reply, two cop cars pulled into her yard. She closed her eyes as she heard both Ty's and Jody's protests as the officers cuffed their wrists.

Arms wrapped around her before Chez's scent filled her nose. She opened her eyes as she wrapped her arms around him, watching her brother and Jody both get put in separate cars.

The unknown woman was pushed against the house as she continued to cry, handcuffs going around her wrists too.

Miracle looked up at Chez in confusion.

"She a prostitute," Chez started as Miracle continued to watch the woman's dark makeup run down her face, "She seventeen."

Miracle closed her eyes before some officer was asking her questions about both Jody and Ty, Chez standing with her the whole time.

"You still wanna go?" Chez asked as he sat with Miracle in her bed.

"Where?" Mir asked as she stared at him, dried up tears covering her face. All the drama was over.

"The wedding, if you still wanna go, I can take you after we get Ty."

Ty was charged with assault but with all the money he had saved up, he would be out by tomorrow morning.

Miracle nodded, closing her eyes as Chez wrapped his arms around her, helping her sleep..

(Chante)

Chante stared at the faint scars on her wrist bringing back memories.

January 11, 2004

Chante read the letter in her hand, it was another from her father. Every time he could he write her letter and send it off, every time she saw the address, Correctional Institute, she read the letter before throwing it away. Why write back?

She was fourteen, still the only one mature enough in her house. After her father getting arrested, all her mom was into was drugs, overdosing when Chante was only ten.

She finished reading all three pages of her fathers note before throwing it away. She opened the bathroom door, turning on the light before she started a bath.

She removed her clothes, stopping the hot water. She stepped into the bath slowly, the water relaxing her muscles. She watched the steam on the mirror before she picked up the silver razor beside the soap.

She grabbed her wrist, letting a breath out before she slid the sharp blade against her wrist. She closed her eyes tight, biting her lips so she wouldn't cry out from the pain.

She looked at her arm, the deep, red liquid dripping from the sides of her arm and into the clear water. She clenched her teeth, running the blade against her wrist again, this time deeper.

She did it again before her whole arm was numb, she couldn't feel a thing. She dropped her arm into the water, not even hissing as the soap went into the scars. She laid back in the tub before the water got cold.

She let it go out the drain before starting a shower, washing the blood off her body. As soon as she was done she ripped a old white tee, wrapping it around her arm to stop the bleeding.

She slipped on her pajamas before going into her room, falling asleep as soon as her body found a comfortable position..

August 27, 2013 - Flashback Over

The sweater she wore covered up her cuts. She turned back to Mariah who was having her finishing touched on her make up.

Mariah stood up a grin on her face as she took a deep breath.

"You look sexy." Chante complimented her.

Mariah wore long white dress, the bottom was see through, so you could see her long legs, the top almost had her boobs out but still she looked perfect. One side of her hair was cut short, the other long and in curls.

Robin Thicke's 'Lost Without You' started playing, signaling her that it was time. Mariah fanned herself before she stood. The wedding was taking place in a garden, waterfalls and colorful flowers everywhere.

"I just love to hear you say it
It makes a man feel good baby
Tell me you depend on me
I need to hear it"

Chante grabbed Miracle's hand before they walked out to take a seat while Champy took Mariah's hand.

"All these damn bugs." Champy hissed as she helped Mariah out the small house where she was supposed to get ready.

Nyomi popped up beside Mariah, a basket full of rose pedals in her hand. She grinned at Mariah, bending her down so she could kiss her cheek before she skipped along, throwing the flowers to the left and right of her.

Rod grinned as Nyomi made her way to him, he bent down kissing her cheek before she sat in her chair, waiting for everyone else to start walking.

Zane smirked as Champy walked next to him, he wrapped his arms around her waist before they started walking.

After Zane and Champy was clear to all seventy people in the garden, Milan and Suan, and finally Terrence and Skylar.

Mariah's hand was put into a cool one before she looked up at her soon-to-be father in-law, Mr. Jones. He had started dating Rod's mother months ago and soon he was going to propose. Though he was a lowkey person, he was always there for his step-son, his soon-to-be wife, grandson and granddaughter, and especially his daughter in-law.

Though Rod wished he knew his father was, he trusted Mr. Jones to take care of his mother. He was already a father to Rod.

He kissed Mariah's cheek before they slowly started walking. Mariah kept her eyes anywhere but to Rod's, she knew she would get nervous. He just did that to her.

Rod grinned as he watched Mariah walk to him. She looked beautiful.

"Dearly Beloved, we are gathered together here in the sign of God - and in the face of this company - to join together this man and this woman in holy matrimony, which is commended to be honorable among all men; and therefore - is not by any - to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly - but reverently, discreetly, advisedly and solemnly. Into this holy estate these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together - let them speak now or forever hold their peace.

Marriage is the union of husband and wife in heart, body and mind. It is intended for their mutual joy - and for the help and comfort given on another in prosperity and adversity. But more importantly - it is a means through which a stable and loving environment may be attained.

Through marriage, Raheim and Mariah make a commitment together to face their disappointments - embrace their dreams - realize their hopes - and accept each other's failures. Raheim and Mariah will promise one another to aspire to these ideals throughout their lives together - through mutual understanding - openness - and sensitivity to each other.

We are here today - before God - because marriage is one of His most sacred wishes - to witness the joining in marriage of Raheim and Mariah. This occasion marks the celebration of love and commitment with which this man and this woman begin their life together. And now - through me - He joins you together in one of the holiest bonds. Who will be giving this lovely woman away?" The preacher asked.

"I will." Mr. Jones responded before he kissed Mariah's cheek again and took a seat next to the love of his life who was holding baby Riley.

Rod took Mariah's hand, helping her up the two steps and onto the small wooden stage.

"This is a beginning and a continuation of their growth as individuals. With mutual care, respect, responsibility and knowledge comes the affirmation of each one's own life happiness, growth and freedom. With respect for individual boundaries comes the freedom to love unconditionally. Within the emotional safety of a loving relationship - the knowledge self-offered one another becomes the fertile soil for continued growth. With care and responsibility towards self and one another comes the potential for full and happy lives.

By gathering together all the wishes of happiness and our fondest hopes for Raheim and Mariah from all present here, we assure them that our hearts are in tune with theirs. These moments are so meaningful to all of us, for "what greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined together - to strengthen each other in all labor - to minister to each other in all sorrow - to share with each other in all gladness.

This relationship stands for love, loyalty, honesty and trust, but most of all for friendship. Before they knew love, they were friends, and it was from this seed of friendship that is their destiny. Do not think that you can direct the course of love - for love, if it finds you worthy, shall direct you.

Marriage is an act of faith and a personal commitment as well as a moral and physical union between two people. Marriage has been described as the best and most important relationship that can exist between them. It is the construction of their love and trust into a single growing energy of spiritual life. It is amoral commitment that requires and deserves daily attention. Marriage should be a life long consecration of the ideal of loving kindness - backed with the will to make it last."

"Do you Raheim take Mariah to be your wife - to live together after God's ordinance - in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and continually bestow upon her your heart's deepest devotion, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto her as long as you both shall live?"

Rod grinned, looking into Mariah's eyes, "I do."

The minister turned to Mariah, "Do you Mariah take Raheim to be your husband - to live together after God's ordinance - in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and continually bestow upon him your heart's deepest devotion, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto him as long as you both shall live?"

"I do." Mariah said as she smiled.

"I, Groom, take thee, Bride to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part. According to God's holy ordinance and thereto I pledge thee my faith." Rod repeated after the preacher.

"I, Bride, take thee, Groom, to be my wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part. According to God's holy ordinance and thereto I pledge thee my faith." Mariah repeated after the preacher.

"What token of your love do you offer? Would you place the rings in my hand?"

Nyomi walked up, holding both rings on a small pillow. The preacher smiled at Ny before he picked up the rings.

"May these rings be blessed as the symbol of this affectionate unity. These two lives are now joined in one unbroken circle. Wherever they go - may they always return to one another. May these two find in each other the love for which all men and women year. May they grow in understanding and in compassion. May the home which they establish together be such a place that many."

He handed one to Rod and one to Mariah.

Rod slid the ring into MMariah's finger, looking in to her eyes, "Bride, this ring I give to you in token and pledge of my constant faith and abiding love."

Mariah slid the ring onto Rod's finger,"Groom, this ring I give to you in token and pledge of my constant faith and abiding love."

"The Groom may kiss the Bride. I now present to you Mr and Mrs Johnson."

Rod brung Mariah to him, both hands on both sides of her face as he brought his lips to her. Kissing her deeper than all the kisses they shared in their nineteen years together.

*****************************************

Chante sat at the table while she watched all the couples dance together, even Chez and Miracle.

A cold hand was put to her shoulder causing her to jump as she looked back.

"What's wrong?" The voice asked, taking a seat next to Chante.

Chante shrugged pushing the sleeves of her sweater down to cover her marks. She was happy for her girl but she was in a good mood seeing everybody but her having fun together.

"Come here." The man she didn't know demanded, taking her hand. She couldn't say no. She stood as he guided her to the dance floor, grabbing her hips as slow song came on.

"What's your name?" She asked, slowly laying her head against his shoulder.

"Ethic." He said, "I'm Rod's cousin."

"Chante," She said, stepping back to spread a little space between them, "Mariah's friend."

His pointer finger trailed across the small bare part of her dress, making her shiver.

"Tell me about yourself."

She told him how she was in law school, twenty-three years old, she would be graduating next week. She lived alone, in her own house, she told him basically everything. The type of car she drove, the type of men she liked, all because he asked about it.

He continued to move his fingers up and down her back while he told her about himself. They forgot about everybody around them, even exchanging numbers.

She honestly saw him as a friend, though he was still a stranger. He told her that she looked lonely, he was lonely too, so he asked her to dance. His light, mixed colored hands continued to move up and down her body in a sexual way but she didn't mind.

The conversation was never dull, they had been talking for hours, only stopping to get something to drink. She knew exactly what to say next, he did too.

But she didn't know what the hell to say when the words 'come home with me' fell from his lips..