Love Elevator 10 - Libby

I dedicate this chapter for you cookie XD thanks for listening to my rants yesterday and the cat's picture reminded me of you hahaha

-Recap-

She looked at me weirdly, and it made me feel confused. What was wrong with her? Before I could ask her, she jumped and stood up, “Oh my God! I need to pee!”

Damn! What should we do? I know that I am pale right now!

***

Libby

I looked at him, while he was eating the whole snickers. It was more like devouring rather than eating. Did he really that hungry? He was eating like a little kid. It was so cute. Did I just say cute? No way! I was deep in thought, when I heard the beeping sound of something. It was also vibrating. I was looking for the source, and then I remembered. Oh my God! How could I forget about that? That was the beeping sound of my iPhone. Yes!

Dominic was looking at me, and I smiled sheepishly at him. I told him that the sound was from my iPhone, and it meant we could ask for help. I opened it. It was only on for a few seconds, and then it blacked out. No – no – no! It was dead! I kept trying to turn it around and pressing the turn-on button to make it work, but I was failed! Ugh – useless phone! There was nothing I could do.

I needed to go to the toilet so bad. I’d been trying to hold it back for the past thirty minutes, but it kept pushing me and trying to get out. This was why I didn’t drink anything or else – ugh – I couldn’t imagine it. What should I do?

I looked at Dominic, and it seemed like he was busy with something. I couldn’t see what he did, and I was too angry to care. I put the useless phone back into my bag. I asked him, if he had his phone with him. Yes, he had. But, it was off too. I was too lazy to ask for the reasons. After a few minutes of silence, he asked me to play twenty questions with him. Why not? I agreed with him. It wasn’t like we could do something else.

He knew my name before I told him, thanks to Mom. I didn’t know why, but my brain and my heart always told me to fully trust him. I slipped out a little bit of information again. She wasn’t my real Mom and would never be my Mom. It made me shut my emotions again. I wasn’t good at this kind of things. If we got stuck a bit longer, I was afraid that I would tell him the story of my life.

Then, we started playing the game.  At first, it just started with basic questions like favourite colours or age. After that, he asked me why I was here. I kept ranting about the arranged marriage and how I hated it. I didn’t really pay attention to him, until I asked why he was here too. We lost count how many questions that we had asked each other. It was okay, though. It distracted my mind from my urgent need to pee. Ugh- God helped me! I couldn’t take it anymore.

He told me that he was kicked out by his parents and made me curious why. It was because of a silly reason, finding his soul mate? I was a cynical girl. I didn’t believe in soul mates. If there was a soul mate, why did my father abandon my mother? My real mother? But, I knew I couldn’t deny the pull between us.

Even though, I didn’t believe in it, but I still looked at him in awe. One girl in his whole life? It was on his family legacy, so it was true for him, right? I wished I was her. I shook my head. There was no way it could happen. If I had my hope up, I would be crushed at the end.

I asked him the most dreaded question, whether he found her or not. And yes! He found her. But why did I feel this pain in my chest. It was so unbearable. I wanted her to be me. I wanted to feel the love like that, but I knew that it was too good to be true. No one would love a girl like me. Who was the lucky girl? I had to distract myself.