Summer Rain Playlist & FAQ

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

Why's it called Summer Rain? Did I miss a book?

You didn't miss a book, don't worry. The story's called Summer Rain, because that's a combination of the two titles. Something about Summer and After Rain. Summer + Rain = Summer Rain. It's just because I didn't want to write Something about Summer + After Rain as the title. 

Why did you combine the books instead of posting them separately?

I'm actually not really sure. I decided that a long time ago, wen I was halfway through Something about Summer, so I don't really remember the reason. The reason I kept with it was because I started ordering graphics for the title Summer Rain soon after and I didn't want people's hard work to go down the drain.

How old are you?

That is a secret. I think I'm younger than what most of you think, though, if your comments when I asked the question are anything to judge by. If you really, really, really want to know and can keep a secret, message me.
The reason I don't tell is because I don't want anyone to assume anything about my writing from my age.

Are you getting this published?

I want to, definitely! I'm going to re-write/edit Something about Summer [major surgery because there are huge plot holes, and at the same time virtually no plot], then possibly submit it and After Rain to an agent, or publishers.

Do you need help editing?

Not at the moment, because I have to re-write Something about Summer first, but once that's done, I'd love the help. If any of you remember by the time I'm done, lol, it'll probably take me a while to re-write SaS.

Will there be a sequel?

Sort of. I'm writing a Spin-Off, which will be posted in November [I've already started planning], called The Trouble with Love. It'll use characters from this book [though they'll be older], but it's not like a sequel where you HAVE to read Summer Rain to understand what's going on. Raine and especially Kaden will play a pretty big role [think Devon in this book as a comparison]. Devon might make a couple appearances. From the planning, Xavier, Avril, Freya, Blake, Jared and Hayley will also probably play a role.

The Trouble with Love summary:

❝The higher you go, the harder you fall.❞

     Elena Evans has always been the observer. No one notices her, but she sees everything. She's a master at reading body language, at noticing what other people are trying so desperately to hide.
     When Elena's approached by the Elite, she figures it's just for the secrets she knows. After all, the Elite are exclusive. They're rich, beautiful, famous- they don't let just anyone in. Then she finds out that she's been chosen to take part in their sick, twisted game.
     She must make Ashton Sinclair fall in love with her in three months- or the secrets they keep might just kill her.

For The Trouble with Love:
Who is Elena? What role do Raine and Kaden play in the story? Why is Elena's last name Evans?

In The Trouble with Love, Raine and Kaden are Elena's parents. As for why her last name's Evans, and who she is... Well that's something you'll have to read the story to find out.
Click the External Link to go to the story --->>>

Why don't Raine and Kaden get a sex scene/wedding/minis?

Sex scene: Can't write them. Honestly, it would fail. I just, can't. Never done it, not gonna research it to write it. Sorry, I love you guys, but I can't do it.
Wedding: They technically got a wedding. Sort of. Not theirs. I'm not going to write theirs because I don't really like 'closed endings'. Like, I like letting people imagine their own future for Kaden and Raine, even if most people probably imagine them getting married.
Minis [kids]: Oh god, can you imagine Raine and Kaden with kids?

Normal day in the Fleming household. Raine's baking. Kaden's in his office, working on some papers for his law firm and keeping an eye on their baby.
Baby: *drops toy and starts crying*
Kaden: *gets up and gives him toy*
Baby: *stops wailing*
Kaden: *pats his head and turns away*
Baby: *drops toy again and stare wailing*
Kaden: *gives him toy again*
Baby: *keeps wailing*
Kaden: *picks him up and rocks him gently while cooing*
Baby: *still wailing*
Kaden: *sighs* *walks into kitchen* I think he's hungry. *walks over to Raine who's by the oven*
Baby: *stops crying and reaches for dial on oven*
Raine: Wait, don't let him turn t-
*pan explodes in oven*
Raine: *groans* *looks at baby* *looks at Kaden*
Raine: I thought you said he was crying.
Kaden:
Raine:
Baby: *innocent expression*
Raine:
Kaden: ...he learned acting from you.

Yeah, I kinda imagine Raine and Kaden's kid as a troublemaker for some reason. That's the most Raine and Kaden with kids you're getting. I suck at writing babies and stuff. Also, the 'closed ending' thing.

Why is Kallie so nosy/matchmake-y about Raine and Kaden's relationship?

At first it was just something she did to bug them both, because it was funny [before SaS]. In Something about Summer and After Rain, she did it because she realized that they made each other happy and because she was tired of Kaden sulking without Raine and Raine just running away from him because she was scared.

Why do Raine and Kaden act the way they do?

Here we go again, Pyschology 101. You don't have to read if you read it the first time.
For Kaden: His parents were always away. He loved them, and they told them they loved him too but had to go. So he basically grew up believing that everyone he loved would have to leave him. He also got the special treatment from his classmates and teachers because of his family's wealth, so he also believed that no one really loved him, just his family's money. Then after Raine broke up with him and started dating his best friend after he told her he loves her, which seemed like she had cheated on him, he promised himself that he wouldn't really care/love her until he was sure she did.
For Raine: Her parents were always fighting/mad at each other. They told her that they really did love each other so she told herself that if love was like that, she didn't want it. She and Kaden fought a lot, even when they weren't dating, so when he told her he loved her, she kinda snapped. She missed him, so she started dating Jared after to try to forget about him, but also because Jared was Kaden's best friend, so he reminded her of him. In the second book she kept pushing Kaden away because she hadn't gotten over her fears while he had so she believed he deserved better than her.

Who made your trailer and/or cover?

Trailer: @beautyatwork
Cover: @HunnaryCakes

Any more questions? Just comment them below and I'll either reply or add them here, depending on how specific they are. :)

PLAYLIST:

Something about Summer:

-Dynamite by Taio Cruz
--Young, Wild, and Free by Wiz Khalifa Feat. Snoop Dogg & Bruno Mars
---Live While We're Young by One Direction
----Mr. Know It All by Kelly Clarkson
-----Hit the Lights by Selena Gomez
----Tonight, Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae
---Fall to Pieces by Avril Lavigne
--We Are Young by Fun ft. Janelle Monae
-Starships by Nicki Minaj
--Two is Better than One by Boys Like Girls ft. Taylor Swift
---Good Life by OneRepublic
----Thunder by Boys Like Girls
-----Summer Girls by Stereos
----Beat of My Heart by Hilary Duff
---Fireflies by Owl City
--Love Life by He Is We
-Irreplaceable by Beyoncé
--Pocket Full of Sunshine by Natasha Bedingfield
---My Dilemma by Selena Gomez
----Only Fooling Myself by Kate Voegele
-----Love Song by Sara Bareilles
----Some Hearts by Carrie Underwood
---Take Me Away by Avril Lavigne
--Kiss You Inside Out by Hedley
-Gotta Be You by One Direction
--Anywhere But Here by Hilary Duff
---I Must Be Dreaming by The Maine
----Decode by Paramore
----Airplanes by B.o.B ft. Hayley Williams
---Alone Again by Alyssa Reid ft. P. Reign
--Break My Heart by Victoria Duffield
-When We Were Young by The Summer Set

After Rain:

-White Houses by Vanessa Carlton
--Here We Go Again by Paramore
---Ship in the Dock by Kate Voegele
----I Hate Myself for Losing You by Kelly Clarkson
----- All Too Well by Taylor Swift
---- I Can't Breathe by Jerzee
--- Catch My Breath by Kelly Clarkson
--Like We Used To by A Rocket to the Moon
-Impossible by Shontelle
--Curiosity by Carly Rae Jepsen
--- Just Give Me a Reason by P!nk ft. Nate Ruess
----If This Were a Movie by Taylor Swift
-----That's What You Get by Paramore
----King of Anything by Sara Bareilles
---Daylight by Maroon 5
--Heart Attack by Demi Lovato
-Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield
--Fall by He Is We
---Sweet Nothing by Calvin Harris ft. Florence Welsh
----One More Night by Maroon 5
-----Fallout by Marianas Trench
----Same Mistakes by One Direction
---Alive by Krewella
--Kiss Me Slowly by Parachute
-I Need Your Love by Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding
--Looking Up by Paramore
---Dark Side by Kelly Clarkson
----Endlessly by The Cab
----Made in the USA by Demi Lovato
---Try by P!nk
--Ever Enough by A Rocket to the Moon
-Scene One: James Dean & Audrey Hepburn by Sleeping with Sirens
--Forever and Ever by He Is We
---Secrets by OneRepublic [Kaden's PoV]